Hacking Help. Swapping files on a disc.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since the ending credits of Okami were taken out of the NTSC-U version on the Wii, I would like to replace the files on the NTSC-J version with the ones from the NTSC-U (except for the staff roll of course) to end up with an English version on the Wii that still has the credits. All attempts thus far at doing this have resulted in a non-working image.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
if they were taken out of the ntscu version how are u going to put them in the J version if they arnt there? or are u just trying to swap the jap credits into the ntsc-u version?

this makes no sence to me

also the game may not be programed for them to play no matter how hard u try to add them in

*woot 500 posts =D*

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
DKAngel said:
if they were taken out of the ntscu version how are u going to put them in the J version if they arnt there? or are u just trying to swap the jap credits into the ntsc-u version?

also the game may not be programed for them to play no matter how hard u try to add them in

*woot 500 posts =D*
The Japanese version has the credits, he wishes to replace the files on the Japanese version with those on the US version with the hopes of making a version with the credits and in English. If the programming is the same between versions he probably has a fair shot at this working, but I'm not so sure on that one.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9th_Sage said:
DKAngel said:

*woot 500 posts =D*
The Japanese version has the credits, he wishes to replace the files on the Japanese version with those on the US version with the hopes of making a version with the credits and in English. If the programming is the same between versions he probably has a fair shot at this working, but I'm not so sure on that one.

Correct.

Both versions have the same files except for 2 of them. The US version of the _data1.afs file contains the videos for the 'Secret Theater' (unlockable trailers and such for the game), while the JPN version has the staff roll video. The other file is wolves.fst in the JPN version vs. wolves_u.fst in the US. I assumed that since all other files are the same - I could just replace all but the _data1.afs file of the US into the JPN but unfortunately it doesn't work. I also tried replacing some of the US 'Secret Theater' videos with the JPN staff roll video which almost worked but it would freeze as soon as the vid started playing.

I believe the problem is that the files which are the same in name are different in size and thus screws with the partition layout, but I have no clue as how to fix that.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, tried that but it doesn't work based upon my last sentence above.
smile.gif

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone able to help out on this? I assume it has to do with "fixing" the fst.bin file or something... which I have no idea how to do even after reading several posts here regarding it.

Is posing links to fst.bin files allowed? Maybe someone who knows about this stuff could help me out if they could look at the fst.bin files.

Edit: Oops. Sorry for the double post.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
Is anyone able to help out on this? I assume it has to do with "fixing" the fst.bin file or something... which I have no idea how to do even after reading several posts here regarding it.

Is posing links to fst.bin files allowed? Maybe someone who knows about this stuff could help me out if they could look at the fst.bin files.

Edit: Oops. Sorry for the double post.

Just wanted to bump your topic and keep it active.

Maybe you should post this on elotrolado.net as they have some top notch people when it comes to making customs of various games. They seem to be a real friendly bunch too BUT....it's a Spanish site so get your google translator on
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1