ROM Hack [HELP] SNES VC Decrypting doesn't work

Aymericard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks!
Am I understanding correctly you mean the offset 0x33 in the data.bin file? (which already is 40 in my case since the snes injector tool made it that way :-) ) I also tried with 64 but its still the same.

Heres a screenshot (and no the pic is not upside down thats how the name menu shows up ^^)
View attachment 41986
Tried a lot of different things to and I get the exact same graphical glitch :(
Maybe the emulator isn't compatible with it, or maybe it used a certain chip ? Anyway good luck dude :)

Tang33

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you managed to get SMT to work without any graphical glitches? When I tried your previous guide I managed to inject it but there is a graphical glitch in the intro where some parts of the screen are upside down and zoomed in.

Finally figured out how to skin. Much love for you folks here, and FONZD for his bagina tool.
Check out his guide here: https://wiki.gbatemp.net/threads/release-create-2d-3d-banner-smdh-with-ba-gui-nnertool.406433/

It really helped me when I was stuck.

YDJQqvi.jpg

A couple of things I've learned:

Don't mess with .cias without rebuilding. I kept trying to change the unique ID on the fly. Can't do that.

Banner10.bcmdl is for North America. You really only need to modify one of them, but now that I think about it, I should have made them all identical so that everyone could have the banner.

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you managed to get SMT to work without any graphical glitches? When I tried your previous guide I managed to inject it but there is a graphical glitch in the intro where some parts of the screen are upside down and zoomed in.

I have not experienced that problem. Could you show a screenshot? SMT on the snes is a very buggy game to begin with. The rom I tested was the AGTP english translation with this bugfix http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/988/.

Tang33

Trophies
XP
Country
Just noticed my SMT also behaves like that. I've never actually sat through the intro before.
Well then RIP, At least the rest of the game appears to be working correctly.

Did you try injecting SMT II? It also has a problem with intro. During gameplay thou the character icon appears right trough the text making it another glitch.

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have not experienced that problem. Could you show a screenshot? SMT on the snes is a very buggy game to begin with. The rom I tested was the AGTP english translation with this bugfix http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/988/.

Did you Patch the Rom english First with the Aeon translation with from site then use this Patch.

I have noticed that after patching SMT with Aeons patch from sight some new funny bugs appear. Its region becomes italian, its SRAM becomes 200000k (from64k) it becomes a HiRom and also becomes TV PAL , Yet the pre translated one doesnt

Edit: Nvm Patching it with a Head fixes that. But the prepatched one has its header removed and the bugfix rom assumes you are patching an Untouched Translated SMT so that could be why

Last edited by izy,

nacimem

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Someone he tried patched roms Terranigma Pal to NTSC and inject it?
I tried but when I start the game, the game starts but I have no sound.
Why must necessarily used NTSC roms for injection?

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Someone he tried patched roms Terranigma Pal to NTSC and inject it?
I tried but when I start the game, the game starts but I have no sound.
Why must necessarily used NTSC roms for injection?
because ninty only made roms work with the 60hz/60fps versions none of the releases are Pal. Also any pal inject just straight up doesnt work

@Fugelmir wanna try injecting Tales of Phantasia, im having no luck with it 48mb rom just black screen but it isnt frozen

@Team Fail how is tool coming along

Last edited by izy,

nemesis87345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
because ninty only made roms work with the 60hz/60fps versions none of the releases are Pal. Also any pal inject just straight up doesnt work

@Fugelmir wanna try injecting Tales of Phantasia, im having no luck with it 48mb rom just black screen but it isnt frozen

@Team Fail how is tool coming along
tales of phantasia it's 64mbit you can't inject it with snes inyector or similar you have to inject them manually but i don't know how to do it.
but the user @Aymericard have made a 64mbit vc snes with the heartbound vc

Last edited by nemesis87345,

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tales of phantasia it's 64mbit you can't inject it with snes inyector or similar you have to inject them manually but i don't know how to do it.
but the user @Aymericard have made a 64mbit vc snes with the heartbound vc

Tales of Phantasia is 48mbit

if you are using Snes9 to test roms its giving wrong results for a bunch

nemesis87345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
no man it's 64mbit hirom i have checked right now with snes rom utility and in page 38 of this tread @Aymericard it seems to have changed the offset 0x33 in data.bin of heartbound vc from 40 to 64 and it seems to have worked

Last edited by nemesis87345,

Fugelmir

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ToP is weird. The UMK3 works fine using the 48mbit mapper, but for some reason ToP hangs. Maybe it's a result of the translation patch. I haven't tried to JP version yet. Still trying to fix illusion of Gaia.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one