Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
N3DSXL, 9.2.0-20E

My N3DS was originally on 10.3.0-28 and I was able to install the latest update for Smash Bros from the eShop before downgrading to 9.2. Now when I try to boot the game (either retail cart or .cia), the console just stays on the animated 3DS logo. Does Smash Bros require a higher firmware or something? If not, has anyone else experienced this problem before?

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just use emuNAND, update that with sysupdater to 9.5 with firmware files from a known website.
Works great on mine, you need to install some of the firmware files but not all of 10.3 too and use the free multi patcher to be able to play online again, there's a guide on gbatemp somewhere.

Last edited by Wuigi,
Reactions: NekoMichi

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Deleting the update content through settings allows the game to launch again, albeit without the updated content nor with my save. So if I reinstall the 1.1.3 update .cia via BigBlueMenu would that still work?

EDIT: That was silly, looks like I'll need to find a crypto fixed version of the 1.1.3 .cia file. Although I have emuNAND set up, I can't quite boot into it just yet.

Last edited by NekoMichi,
D

Deleted-236924

Deleting the update content through settings allows the game to launch again, albeit without the updated content nor with my save. So if I reinstall the 1.1.3 update .cia via BigBlueMenu would that still work?

EDIT: That was silly, looks like I'll need to find a crypto fixed version of the 1.1.3 .cia file. Although I have emuNAND set up, I can't quite boot into it just yet.
Updates don't require cryptofixing. They do however require fw-spoofing.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-fw-spoofing-game-updates.407689/

Reactions: NekoMichi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: