Hacking [HELP] RxTools 2ds/o3ds 10.5 Questions

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im new to 2ds/3ds exploits and was searching a bit, saw that I could get BrowserHax and MenuHax on 10.5, I was on 10.4 so I updated (it works the same way for 10.4 I'm pretty sure..) and searched on more and found out about "RxTools"

What exactly is it, and can I install it on a 2ds running the latest USA version? (10.5) or do I have to downgrade somehow to 9.2 (I've seen people only post tutorials for 4.1-9.2 but seen people say "RxTools 10.5 works" and such)

Me and my little bro like using our 2ds's and want to play the same game on both devices but only have 1 copy. I'm not allowed to ask about cia's I believe so I won't, but that's how we can I think.

Any help is appreciated, but please don't be a smart alek and say "put RxTools on root of SD. DONE!" or anything of that nature..

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use it, you need to be in 9.2 or lower to use rxTools, you could downgrade to 9.2 if you were anywhere from 9.3 - 10.3

10.4 blocked the exploit that allows downgrades so you found out about it too late.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Emunand 10.5 support doesn't mean that it works in a system running 10.5, it means that emunand can be updated to 10.5 but your system still needs to be in 9.2

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't use it, you need to be in 9.2 or lower to use rxTools, you could downgrade to 9.2 if you were anywhere from 9.3 - 10.3

10.4 blocked the exploit that allows downgrades so you found out about it too late.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Emunand 10.5 support doesn't mean that it works in a system running 10.5, it means that emunand can be updated to 10.5 but your system still needs to be in 9.2
So there's no hope of downgrading or RxTools upgrading past 9.2?

Is there any other way to get a game on two devices without a flashcard or buying a second game? I know I used to be on 10.3 or lower but that was before I found out about exploits and CFW.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's no hope of downgrading or RxTools upgrading past 9.2?

Is there any other way to get a game on two devices without a flashcard or buying a second game? I know I used to be on 10.3 or lower but that was before I found out about exploits and CFW.

Of course you used to be in 10.3, 10.4 was released last week and 10.5 a couple days later... So you can guess that the answer is no, exploits doesn't get revealed every week, there will be along time until another one sees the light of the day.

On the other hand aparently some people found a new vulnerability, it could allow for a partial downgrade (10.2) and then you could do a full downgrade to 9.2, but aparently it requires a hardmod done in your system, is still in development and is not %100 clear that it will totally work until someome finishes work in it and release the tools needed.

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course you used to be in 10.3, 10.4 was released last week and 10.5 a couple days later... So you can guess that the answer is no, exploits doesn't get revealed every week, there will be along time until another one sees the light of the day.

On the other hand aparently some people found a new vulnerability, it could allow for a partial downgrade (10.2) and then you could do a full downgrade to 9.2, but aparently it requires a hardmod done in your system, is still in development and is not %100 clear that it will totally work until someome finishes work in it and release the tools needed.
Dumb question, but what's a hardmod? I know it has something to do with a dump/emuNAND.

Also, I think I read the post, and couldn't you just use someone elses dump/whatever file it is, if it's the same device (and region)?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question, but what's a hardmod? I know it has something to do with a dump/emuNAND.

Also, I think I read the post, and couldn't you just use someone elses dump/whatever file it is, if it's the same device (and region)?

A hardmod is when you solder some wires straight into the 3DS NAND so you can read/write directly to it using a PC without needing any hack.

And no, you CAN NOT USE SOMEONE ELSE'S NAND DUMP, they are unique per console and attemping to use someone else's NAND will brick your system.

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A hardmod is when you solder some wires straight into the 3DS NAND so you can read/write directly to it using a PC without needing any hack.

And no, you CAN NOT USE SOMEONE ELSE'S NAND DUMP, they are unique per console and attemping to use someone else's NAND will brick your system.
Alright thank you for your time. :)
Hopefully a way without potentially destroying the internals of my 2DS is found/release.

Ayukito

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is some info if you want to read about it: https://gbatemp.net/threads/possible-leadway-to-downgrade-10-5-0-30u.412735/

This will be next thing if it materializes.
Great news! (For me)
I just bought a new 2ds from target as the MK7 special (copyright 2013) which should have (obviously will..) firmware below 10.3 so I can use RxTools and such... Just the suspense of installing it and getting it to work.

Does RxTools come with emuNAND or do I need to install that too? And how would I update emuNAND to play new 3ds games like super smash bros and Pokemon OR/AS?

I'm a complete noob at this..

I want to be able to use non-Legit CIA files and have RxTools, and home brew launcher. And emuNAND (found out I don't really know what it is..)

Help is appreciated, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: @Xdqwerty It's the trailer for the movie The Greasy Strangler.