pika3000

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wasn't sure where to post this but what do I do after the .smap file comes out because one post said I should open open up sdattool.exe and type in a command but it doesn't stay open (to get the .smap file I dragged the .sdat file to sdattool.exe).

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
smap is the data file that gives all the info on the sound files contained within (open it in a text editor).

If you run sdattool with the command (replace sound_data.sdat with something else if it turns out that way.
Code:
sdattool -x sound_data.sdat
sdattool is not that stable though so it may crash (which is what you have likely seen).

If that is the case and you still want to go on you will have a to rip in manually. Unfortunately for this purpose every sound file is marginally different in terms of offsets so you will have to play around a bit. Most of this is from my head so I may have got something slightly wrong.

Search for FAT (in ASCII) using a hex editor.
You will end up with a list of numbers in hex, do a byte flip on this section (the file size determining what sort: 16, 32, 64 bit etc) These numbers are the offets for the files.

Either before or after this is a list of file names in ASCII that match up to this number list.

Align the start of the list with the numbers and read off you file, the file will start with an ASCII SWAR, SSEQ or something similar (if it is bank you are out of luck) and probably be preceded by a string of 00's. You can either copy to the next file or use the 8th bit from the start of file to generate length (probably with another byte flip).

pika3000

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum