[Help]Retroarch broken?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MajorMajora, Feb 7, 2016.

1. MajorMajora
    OP

MajorMajora Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    I downloaded todays nighty build and when I try to select load content with any of the emulators, it freezes. Why is it suddenly doing this?

2. NekoMichi

NekoMichi Retro Collector

Jun 4, 2015
    Minus World
    It's probably a bug with the latest nightly. Try rolling back to the previous one and see if that works.

3. MajorMajora
    OP

MajorMajora Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Yup! That worked thanks!

4. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 2, 2009
    Gambia, The
    never got the point of having a million nightlies, 80% of which dont work at all with the rest randomly breaking stuff that worked before without ever improving more than a single emulator if at all. but yeah, lets just port yet another core for a system we already have three off.

5. kedest

kedest GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 6, 2007
    Netherlands
    It's better to just stick to a major stable release

6. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Still waiting on a explination on why I cant run any of the Newer Builds of RA. Can only run the 8 November Build.

7. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    It was a bug with a commit that TwinAphex added a few days ago. He reverted it once I made an issue about it, so that should "fix" it temporarily (fix is in quotes because ideally the cleanup should stay, and the changes he made weren't really that major, so it's weird that it's not working).

Does it work with other CFWs? Maybe it's some weird Gateway emuNAND bug.

8. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    No idea. I Updated to the latest GW and still in the same situation. Would NTR count as a CFW? Or is it basically a Cheat Engine?

9. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    NTR wouldn't work, no. You'd need to try out Cakes, Reinand, or RxTools. For the easiest/quickest time I'd try Reinand. Grab 3.2 from https://github.com/Reisyukaku/ReiNand/releases , extract it to the root of your SD card and point your boot manager (if you use one) to either the .dat or the .3dsx. The zip file is pretty much ready to plug and play from the get go.

10. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Can it run my already Installed CIAs?

11. daxtsu

daxtsu GBAtemp Guru

Jun 9, 2007
    Antarctica
    Yes*.

*If you have out of region games you might need to use NTR, Free multi Patcher or Region Free Patcher to make them show up and run. But since we're talking about homebrew here, that's not an issue.

12. WiiUBricker

WiiUBricker Insert Custom Title

Sep 19, 2009
    Argentina
    Espresso
    Never understood the point of retroarch ports when most of them run like crap.

13. Smoker1

Smoker1 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 17, 2015
    United States
    Carmichael, California
    Most run pretty good, although some functions dont seem to work for the 3DS Port yet. They are aiming for the Cores to be functioning and working properly at a good Speed before adding the other Features