Hacking Help! Restored Backup without "keep A9LH" option. Still in Decrypt9. Can I keep A9LH? New 11.0.0-33E

MiePx3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, title explains my situation!
The backup had A9LH installed. Does my 3DS still have A9LH? If not, can I help myself anyway?

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you absolutely sure the backup had arm9loaderhax? then it should be fine. in the future you should use "keep a9lh" to be safe.

MiePx3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, 100% sure. I just made it about 2 hours ago. I always do use "keep A9LH", but I restored three different backups on two different 3DSs and I was kinda distracted.

MiePx3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Oh thank fucking god. I nearly pissed myself. Thanks for the clarification guys. Ill keep that in mind!
3DS working just fine!

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be using Hourglass9 instead. Hourglass9 explicitly never overwrites a9lh.
I second that. I exclusively use Hourglass 9 when I make and restore backups, just to keep myself from accidentally doing something stupid. I only use Decrypt9 for it's other functionalities like Cart dumping and it's ability to dump and restore other files.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I second that. I exclusively use Hourglass 9 when I make and restore backups, just to keep myself from accidentally doing something stupid. I only use Decrypt9 for it's other functionalities like Cart dumping and it's ability to dump and restore other files.
Someone should make a Decrypt9 that has the sysNAND restore feature removed - people already have both Decrypt9 and Hourglass9, so it wouldn't be too onerous to have the two payloads Hourglass9 and whatever the new name is they come up with.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
fwiw if that hadn't been the case and you had restored a none a9lh nand backup but was still on the decrypt9 screen (just incase someone else does this and searches for a solution),

(making sure you do not accidentally power down until this is done)

you could have pressed B to go back to the menu, pressed select to unmount the SD, then find and copy a pre 11.0 nand backup to your SD, pop the SD back in and restore that nand backup

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: