Help! Restored Backup without "keep A9LH" option. Still in Decrypt9. Can I keep A9LH? New 11.0.0-33E

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by MiePx3, Aug 5, 2016.

1. MiePx3
    OP

MiePx3 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys, title explains my situation!
    The backup had A9LH installed. Does my 3DS still have A9LH? If not, can I help myself anyway?

2. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    are you absolutely sure the backup had arm9loaderhax? then it should be fine. in the future you should use "keep a9lh" to be safe.

3. MiePx3
    OP

MiePx3 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Yeah, 100% sure. I just made it about 2 hours ago. I always do use "keep A9LH", but I restored three different backups on two different 3DSs and I was kinda distracted.

4. Lacius

Lacius GBAtemp Guru

May 11, 2008
    United States
    If the backup had A9LH installed, you should be fine.

5. MiePx3
    OP

MiePx3 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 4, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Oh thank fucking god. I nearly pissed myself. Thanks for the clarification guys. Ill keep that in mind!
    3DS working just fine!

6. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    You should be using Hourglass9 instead. Hourglass9 explicitly never overwrites a9lh.

TheCyberQuake likes this.
  7. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    I second that. I exclusively use Hourglass 9 when I make and restore backups, just to keep myself from accidentally doing something stupid. I only use Decrypt9 for it's other functionalities like Cart dumping and it's ability to dump and restore other files.

8. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Someone should make a Decrypt9 that has the sysNAND restore feature removed - people already have both Decrypt9 and Hourglass9, so it wouldn't be too onerous to have the two payloads Hourglass9 and whatever the new name is they come up with.

9. gamesquest1

gamesquest1 Nabnut

Sep 23, 2013
    fwiw if that hadn't been the case and you had restored a none a9lh nand backup but was still on the decrypt9 screen (just incase someone else does this and searches for a solution),

(making sure you do not accidentally power down until this is done)

you could have pressed B to go back to the menu, pressed select to unmount the SD, then find and copy a pre 11.0 nand backup to your SD, pop the SD back in and restore that nand backup

Last edited by gamesquest1, Aug 5, 2016
    Quantumcat likes this.