Homebrew Help Request

Hav3n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get Homebrew and Haxchi installed on my system. My ultimate goal is to get back some 100% save files I lost due to a hard drive corruption, which I assume that I can do after getting these first two things up and running. And also mod Smash Bros. I guess.
I followed this guide:

(bought Brain Age, copied the folders to the same spots, etc.) So far I can get the Homebrew Launcher v1.4 screen to show up...but nothing else happens.
It's just the blue screen with the white bubbles. When I hit the home button, it opens the Mii Creator app.
What am I missing? I've never hacked a home console before, so I'm next to clueless and would really appreciate the help.

Additionally, I'm using a 32gb micro SD card with an adapter. Is that fine, or should I consider using a normal SD card?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've heard of this issue before, but I don't remember a way to fix it. I'd suggest not using a video guide. use the guide by @Kafluke on here. you may have made a mistake somewhere. the wii u isn't a particularly hard console to hack, but there are small tidbits which can lead to things like this if not doing them correctly.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get Homebrew and Haxchi installed on my system. My ultimate goal is to get back some 100% save files I lost due to a hard drive corruption, which I assume that I can do after getting these first two things up and running. And also mod Smash Bros. I guess.
I followed this guide:

(bought Brain Age, copied the folders to the same spots, etc.) So far I can get the Homebrew Launcher v1.4 screen to show up...but nothing else happens.
It's just the blue screen with the white bubbles. When I hit the home button, it opens the Mii Creator app.
What am I missing? I've never hacked a home console before, so I'm next to clueless and would really appreciate the help.

Additionally, I'm using a 32gb micro SD card with an adapter. Is that fine, or should I consider using a normal SD card?

Ok. Read the noob guide. Then what I say next will make more sense.

1. You're using browserhax as an entry point. This is obvious by the fact that mii maker is "overwritten" by the HomeBrew Launcher.
2. When Homebrew Launcher is just showing bubbles that means that the SD card is not set up correctly. What does your directory structure look like on the SD? (When you plug in your SD card into your computer, what do you see inside the wiiu folder? If you see other folders, what's inside of them?)

Hav3n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, that worked! I had all the right files but they weren't in the right place. So, I started fresh from your guide, and now everything's working as intended.
Now, how should I continue for injecting save files? Do you recommend SaveMii or Saviine?

Hav3n

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I figured out how to use SaveMii and it worked perfectly! But now I've encountered another problem. The save file I've downloaded for Hyrule Warriors has the maxed out characters and weapons that I want but, for whatever reason, doesn't give me access to the DLC I've bought. What gives? How can I fix this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5