ROM Hack Help request about Ninokuni DS

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, so here is my request. Since it's just some info request and there is no official translation team effort and this is more of a help request threead

tumblr_mhnek257XE1s0pa0yo1_400.png

I managed to successfully edit the text (without crashes!) to English for:
* Cutscenes (txt)
* Main script (data/map/script/ then bin files): including
- map names
- main dialogue
- NPC names

a/of course I don't know about expanding the text if the English text is longer than the Japanese, but if anyone has info it's welcome

b/ The thing is I absolutely need to use the half-width katakana characters to accomodate for some extra characters (from my language, and for european ones, since the rest use up 2 bytes).
However:

* Cutscenes (txt) : they display correctly
* Main script (data/map/script/ then bin files):
- map names: they display correctly
- main dialogue: they are replaced with "?"

What do I need to modify to get those much needed chars to show properly? I need 22 or so of these half w katakana sybols, besides symbols I already used, and since they use 1 byte unlike the rest.

besides this...

Anyone good with Action Replay codes?

1/ CWF content enabler (like Layton weekly puzzles codes)
There are "on-disk DLC" contained in the DS game, including quests 101-120, some recipes and Imagen.
Would so much want to have some sort of an AR code to enable them for emulators. It's important since some spells, enemies and dialogue is exclusive to said quests.
2/ A map modifier.
There are 15 debug/test rooms inside this game, with associated (oddly formatted) dialogue. Sadly fileswapping only gets the gemoetry of the room (grey rectangle without exits surrounded with black nothingness) but not the actors/script... More useful too for stor event testing..
Tried with <> relative search but quickly realized after freezing values without result that was out of my league.

And of course translators help is always welcome! I uploaded before a text dump of some menu text, here and joined here some text dump of the main story text, stored by zone rather than chronological order.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• ho001.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 560

GHANMI

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it's more visible this way, and it's a help request.
Plus that thread is focused more with the translation choices and the PS3 version than the hacking aspect.
Everyone is just waiting for the Spanish patch at this point.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands