Gaming Help regarding updates

eternalpleasure

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
See I have 3ds on 3.0.0.6u with an r4itt, I just recently bought kid icarus uprising (still unopened) and wanted to know if it or rather any other games require a mandatory update? can't seem to find info about this.

D

Deleted-236924

Insert it and try starting up the game.
If there's an update inside the cart, it will prompt you to update (You can choose to cancel that update, IIRC.)

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NO. For the 1000th time. KID ICARUS has the SAME update that SML3D has. Which has already been bypassed by Flashcart devs.
This is new to me. Why do you make it sound like it's common knowledge? Is it?
Yeah, I posted this after I spent a good hour arguing over a circle pad, I blew it into something more then it was. Its not quite the "for the 1000th time" kind of thing but still, a quick google would have answered his question

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
NO. For the 1000th time. KID ICARUS has the SAME update that SML3D has. Which has already been bypassed by Flashcart devs.
Yeah, I posted this after I spent a good hour arguing over a circle pad, I blew it into something more then it was. Its not quite the "for the 1000th time" kind of thing but still, a quick google would have answered his question
Hmm. I suppose games which need newer firmware features would be good candidates to having firmware updates included in the game cart.

eternalpleasure

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritius
sorry but I couldn't find any info on it so I just thought it'd be better to ask here. But are updates mandatory though? as far as I know the purple r4itt card still works with the latest update so I'm good but I don't like the thought of updating.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I think no one's tried playing newer games on older firmware yet. for the most part, anybody who can update their 3DS' firmware without losing flashcart access has updated theirs. even me who ended up blocking my r4i still updated my firmware.

maybe you should give it a go, see if it asks you to update firmware before letting you play, or if maybe it just suggests you update but lets you play the game anyway.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope, people have tryed to play without updating back when SM3DL came out, pretty much anyone who got it in the first week also had to update it to play. That's how we found out the cards came with updates to begin with.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1