Hacking Help receiving Error Code: 005-5687

john9871

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm receiving this error code 005-5687 whenever I try to download an update for any game title. This happens if I launch the game and try to update or go into eShop and attempt to update. It happens with game cartridges and installed cia games. Game titles load and able to play just unable to update them. Internet connection looks fine, I am able to surf the web via built-in web broswer. Connection test is successful gives me support code 120-00

I just did a CFW install following the 3DS.guide with original system N3DS firmware 11.2U then I updated to 11.4U. Installed some cia games and turned off spotpass in friend list and system settings. I got a few "exception occurred error " and dumps when turning off spotpass and returning to home menu. I'm unable to upload crash dumps to the forums, it just says "There was a problem uploading your file."

Thanks.

Last edited by john9871,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm unable to upload crash dumps to the forums, it just says "There was a problem uploading your file.".

Upload them in a zip file or something like that, or stick them on Filetrip (a sister site to 'Temp): https://filetrip.net/

That said, Nintendo's site only has generic info about how it's just an error with connecting to the eShop, so check your DNS settings and maybe reboot your networking hardware like your router if necessary. There isn't maintenance or anything going on.

https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

john9871

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got An exception occurred:

Processor: ARM11 (core 0)
Exception type: data abort
Current process: menu (0004003000008F02)

R0 00000000 R1 00000001
R2 00000000 R3 00000000
R4 08024C48 R5 08024F48
R6 08024E48 R7 08024F48
R8 0035CC98 R9 00000005
R10 00000000 R11 0032E50C
R12 00000000 SP 0FFFFF60
LR 00287358 PC 001ED430
CPSR 60000010 FPEXC 00000005

You can find a dump in the following file:

(note: it matters I'm using a 128GB Samsung microsd (MB-MP128DA/AM) formated fat32, h2testw 1.4 reported zero errors)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I tried uploading dumps in zip file to filetrip but it becomes a 0Kb file. So here is a mediafire link:

https://www.mediafire.com/?n6ay9c3hvw5enf1

john9871

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes game title updates are now working. Maybe they took the update server offline for a bit.

This still doesn't explain my exceptions occurred and dumps. Will wait for more info on that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I use AKG K7XX headphones for daily use, but Meze 99 Classics when I want to *enjoy* the music
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I mean built in sound on mobo's has gotten way better but still XP handled sound better and X-Fi was still better than onboard audio even to this day
    Hell not sure what was going on but for like a few weeks MP3's sounded muffled, some driver or Windows update fixed it. Thank god lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh boy Massdrop has $1100 IEMs. Want, but not at that price lmao. https://drop.com/buy/campfire-audio-andromeda-emerald-sea-iem
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'd sooner buy the Meze 109 Pro if I was dropping that much on headphones. I don't even like buds/IEMs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I got the Google Pixel Pro buds, they're good enough for when I need portable audio. And some really cheap IEMs that Dankpods recommends, I think the KZ ZSN Pro
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd stick with cheapo Chinese $10 ones quality is actually becoming on pair with name brand since name Brand usually quads the price up anyway loose one bud that's another $200
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    My Pixel Pro buds shit the bed a month or two ago. My wireless charger (which they do support Qi charging) absolutely COOKED them. Caused some problem that caused the case to heat up to 180F+
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    They were like 9 months out of warranty but I hit up Google support anyway and told them how hot they were getting and they replaced them with new ones because they wanted these for failure analysis lol
    lol wireless charging
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why I can't bring myself to even spend $100 on wireless earbuds
    I think it's a cool idea but damn
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Apparently the case has a problem with >15W wireless chargers. Google design fault, that one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I could live with wireless charging if the damn standard case doesn't block connection
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    how is wireless charging possible?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dbz said everyone has raging energy senses
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    you mean generally, how does the concept work?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Copper conducting electricity or something
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @Xdqwerty, power through a coil of wire causes an electromagnetic field to be generated. Another coil of wire can be set up to harness the power from that electromagnetic field and turn it into usable energy for charging a device
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Two good videos from ElectroBOOM that touch on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQwGjhwPEik

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2YwkAWg0_g
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Elements on earth are actually more powerful than we think
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first video came out lol
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: Wow I can't believe I've been watching ElectroBOOM for that long. I remember when that first...