Hacking Help R4 trouble!

Knutsfordgal

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Downloaded ds games and R4 stuff onto 2gb disk and put into R4.(as instructed on web site)
Followed Ds instruction and stupidly updated DS while disk inside.
Now Ds won't recognise R4. Tried on her brothers DS and won't recognise on there either. What can I do to fix this. The kids have waited weeks for this and now ....
Please help. Thanks

zygie

Trophies
XP
Country
First off, this should be under NDS > Flashcarts > R4 or whatever.

1) Now what exactly is your "R4" flashcart? There are tons of R4 clones out there.
Is it R4 DS?
R4 SDHC?
R4i Gold?
...etc.

2) What are the two DS's you tested on? Phat? DS Lite? DSi/XL?

jp2002parry

Trophies
XP
Country
i am in the same boat as you i have a child crying ,Mine is that he updated his dsi xl to 1.4.3 and his r4 sdhc card isnt working now arrrggghhh

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, 3 questions in 1 thread. It saves space I suppose. Anyway:

Knutsfordgal said:
Downloaded ds games and R4 stuff onto 2gb disk and put into R4.(as instructed on web site)
Followed Ds instruction and stupidly updated DS while disk inside.
Now Ds won't recognise R4. Tried on her brothers DS and won't recognise on there either. What can I do to fix this. The kids have waited weeks for this and now ....
Please help. Thanks

Specifically, what type of R4 is it. We need to know the exact name (even including all the super plus extra Mario Avatar and w/e other shit it has labelled on it) - more helpful than that would be a website if you could post that.

What type of DSes (is that a word?) are you testing it on? If DSi, what firmware are they 'up'graded to?

jp2002parry said:
i am in the same boat as you i have a child crying ,Mine is that he updated his dsi xl to 1.4.3 and his r4 sdhc card isnt working now arrrggghhh

Same as above, what is the website given on the sticker?

QUOTE(DroRox @ Sep 5 2011, 10:36 PM)
My friend brought me an R4 NDS NDSL and Wood 1.36 just gets stuck on the black "Nintendo'" screen. Worse is I don't know which colne this might be because the sticker was peeled off. -____- How can I know?

Does it boot into the Wood menu ok?

If it doesn't then Wood is either incompatible with that card or you are using an updated DSi with an outdated version of Wood. (well, there are more possibilities but those are most common)

If it does boot into Wood but freezes when loading the games then there are a number of possibilities. What game are you trying? It might have AP protection. If it happens with all games then try formatting the SD card (after backing up of course), replacing the files, and try again.
Or you may possibly have a faulty connection, with either the flashcard or the SD card (flashcard is most likely with connection issues).

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:
DroRox said:
My friend brought me an R4 NDS NDSL and Wood 1.36 just gets stuck on the black "Nintendo'" screen. Worse is I don't know which colne this might be because the sticker was peeled off. -____- How can I know?

Does it boot into the Wood menu ok?

If it doesn't then Wood is either incompatible with that card or you are using an updated DSi with an outdated version of Wood. (well, there are more possibilities but those are most common)

If it does boot into Wood but freezes when loading the games then there are a number of possibilities. What game are you trying? It might have AP protection. If it happens with all games then try formatting the SD card (after backing up of course), replacing the files, and try again.
Or you may possibly have a faulty connection, with either the flashcard or the SD card (flashcard is most likely with connection issues).

It doesnt boot into any menu. It gets stuck at a screen that reads " Nintendo' ".
I'm running this on a DSL. No not a DSi... I clearly stated it doesn't support DSi?
The SD Card is a 2GB SanDisk (not SDHC as far as i can see)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
DroRox said:
My friend brought me an R4 NDS NDSL and Wood 1.36 just gets stuck on the black "Nintendo'" screen.

please show us a photo of your flash kit PCB, since you said the label was pulled off. please ask your friend what r4 clone it was. what we can tell you is that wood only works on the original r4, the acekard rpg, the r4idsn and the r4i gold.cn (from the r4idsn team).

any other card that says it runs wood is running a hacked together version of the last public sources, which are now long (LONG) out of date. meaning, you won't be able to run the new wood firmware on cards other than the 4 i mentioned.

QUOTEThe SD Card is a 2GB SanDisk (not SDHC as far as i can see)
FYI, 4GB+ are SDHC -- although if you really hunt around you can find a 4gb that wasn't sdhc (some what rare now).

-another world

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
DroRox said:
My friend brought me an R4 NDS NDSL and Wood 1.36 just gets stuck on the black "Nintendo'" screen.

please show us a photo of your flash kit PCB, since you said the label was pulled off. please ask your friend what r4 clone it was. what we can tell you is that wood only works on the original r4, the acekard rpg, the r4idsn and the r4i gold.cn (from the r4idsn team).

any other card that says it runs wood is running a hacked together version of the last public sources, which are now long (LONG) out of date. meaning, you won't be able to run the new wood firmware on cards other than the 4 i mentioned.

QUOTEThe SD Card is a 2GB SanDisk (not SDHC as far as i can see)
FYI, 4GB+ are SDHC -- although if you really hunt around you can find a 4gb that wasn't sdhc (some what rare now).

-another world

hmm he doesnt know... it's kind of his deceased cousin's and he gave it to me as he got it without sticker.
here are the shots
Snapshot_20110905_3.jpg

Snapshot_20110905_4.jpg

Snapshot_20110905_5.jpg

and yes that is a very manly unicorn in the background

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
thats not an ak rpg, its not an r4i gold.cn (they have a red pcb), i don't own the r4idsn but i think its also a red pcb.

i'm looking at my original r4 the micro sd slot cutout doesn't match.

i'm guessing you have an r4 sdhc or one of the other r4's that got a hardware upgrade. wood won't work with it. its next to impossible to tell what r4 you have unless you provide very clear photos of the PCB. if you take out that tiny screw on the back the two halves of the shell will pull apart rather easily. take a shot of the front and back of the PCB and someone might be able to figure out what r4 it is. once you know what one it is you should be able to find its kernel.

-another world

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
thats not an ak rpg, its not an r4i gold.cn (they have a red pcb), i don't own the r4idsn but i think its also a red pcb.

i'm looking at my original r4 the micro sd slot cutout doesn't match.

i'm guessing you have an r4 sdhc or one of the other r4's that got a hardware upgrade. wood won't work with it. its next to impossible to tell what r4 you have unless you provide very clear photos of the PCB. if you take out that tiny screw on the back the two halves of the shell will pull apart rather easily. take a shot of the front and back of the PCB and someone might be able to figure out what r4 it is. once you know what one it is you should be able to find its kernel.

-another world
here are the PCB pics, now that i open it it seems... unfamiliar

Snapshot_20110905_6.jpg

Snapshot_20110905_7.jpg

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
is that a chance that you could take some high quality (high resolution) photos of the front? i would like to be able to read the finest detail. i will then compare it to the r4 cards i have. i will then be able to tell you if its the original or 1:1 reissue.

this might help:

148_4411_e33cd48b7830425.jpg

How%20To%20Tell%20and%20Spot%20If%20a%20R4%20Card%20Is%20Fake%20Or%20Not%201.jpg

How%20To%20Tell%20and%20Spot%20If%20a%20R4%20Card%20Is%20Fake%20Or%20Not%202.jpg

-another world

mewtwomaster3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
essay-today.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat