Hacking Help! R4 DS Chinese Error Message?

Captain N

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've just recieved a new R4, I've installed the latest 1.14 english firmware on it but I get this Chinese error message. Can anybody tell me what it means???

Thanks,

r4brokenue4.jpg

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It means you've installed the English firmware on a Chinese cart. You'll either have to install the Chinese firmware or install a patched English one.

Do a search, there's loads of threads about this already and you'll be able to find instructions in on of them.

MadBob

Nostalgia ain't what it used to be!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
USE THIS FIRMWARE Your problem is that the English firmware will not run on the chinese R4, the error says this, unless you patch it.

The link is for a previously patched English Firmware, from another almost identical question/thread.

Captain N

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank-you for your help guys, I really appreciate it. I've been lurking for a few years now, surprised I never posted. Sorry I didn't search first, I recieved an R4 for Christmas and I guess somebody wanted to save a few bucks and bought me the Chinese version instead.

I was worried I would have to solder jumpers from the last time I read about the R4 a long time ago. Again, thanks very much for providing the convienient link to the patched firmware file. I was pleasantly surprised that the R4 acts as a passcard too, so I can keep my slot-2 supercard lite in there as well!

pinky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got the same card the other week.. and i pulled my hair out looking at that Chinese message
smile.gif

I came across this link via a google search:

Link to English to Chinese Patch Software

Basically, grab the latest english firmware from R4DS Website and then download the langpatch.zip from the first link and run the patch on the english firmware. This patcher is working for 1.14 and maybe the newer versions also
smile.gif

If however you can't patch the latest english versions as they come out just install the latest chinese version, you can still see what the games are just the game info's will be in chinese.

Pinky

cramp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great thread guys... i had the same prob, someone gave me a chinese R4 and i put the english Kernal.....got the above problem....chinese writing... i used the above patch , and all is fine...
Got an R4 now with info saying "english version"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr