AymenBJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Hello guys, i hope you are fine.
I recently got an old xbox 360 (a zephyr as i undarstand) .. and as i know it has a fashed dvd drive but that's all what i know, so i want to know more about the dvd flashing mod and to know how to use it and make games for it propebly as i read that there is many defferent dvd frimwares and i really didn't know what that xbox have on it.
Also after navigating the dashboard i found that the last acitivity on it is from 2013 and the version is somthing like 16xxx
Also i want to know if i can connected to the internet and updating it to the last version or i will get a ban or the mod will be not fincunal.
thank you (sorry i am not a very good english speaker)

Last edited by AymenBJ,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If the dash is at 16xxx then you likely don't need to update your drive firmware at all.
LT 3.0 came out somewhere in 2012.

Just update the console.
You'll likely be more then fine as long as you patch all your backups with ABGX 360 and burn them on Verbatim DVDs with a DVD burner that is supported by the Burner max payload tool.

The payload tool is included in IMGBurn.

AymenBJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
If the dash is at 16xxx then you likely don't need to update your drive firmware at all.
LT 3.0 came out somewhere in 2012.

Just update the console.
You'll likely be more then fine as long as you patch all your backups with ABGX 360 and burn them on Verbatim DVDs with a DVD burner that is supported by the Burner max payload tool.

The payload tool is included in IMGBurn.
I give many thanks to you
So is it Ok to connect to the internet?
Also i want to know if i can burn games in a normat dvd 5 (not DL) since i have a lot of them and LD dvds are really hard to find here?
Thank you

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I give many thanks to you
So is it Ok to connect to the internet?
Also i want to know if i can burn games in a normat dvd 5 (not DL) since i have a lot of them and LD dvds are really hard to find here?
Thank you
There were some really old firmwares that allowed something like that for those games that would fit (most are considerably larger -- https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic...-loading-times-900-games-celebrating-5-years/ DVD 5 then being about 4.35 gigs or more like 4 by the time everything else is taken into account on the 360) but such a thing is a screaming siren and alarm, never mind a red flag, for banning so anything like it was dropped very early on.

Also it was the 13??? series of dashboard that reflashed the drive so by 16??? it was all long since done which is the main worry there.
https://web.archive.org/web/2019102...-dashboard-updates-latest-2-0-17544-0.110082/

If dual layers are going to be a problem it might be time to think about going to RGH if that is an option for you. No xbox live though.

AymenBJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
There were some really old firmwares that allowed something like that for those games that would fit (most are considerably larger -- https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic...-loading-times-900-games-celebrating-5-years/ DVD 5 then being about 4.35 gigs or more like 4 by the time everything else is taken into account on the 360) but such a thing is a screaming siren and alarm, never mind a red flag, for banning so anything like it was dropped very early on.

Also it was the 13??? series of dashboard that reflashed the drive so by 16??? it was all long since done which is the main worry there.
https://web.archive.org/web/2019102...-dashboard-updates-latest-2-0-17544-0.110082/

If dual layers are going to be a problem it might be time to think about going to RGH if that is an option for you. No xbox live though.
Thanks for replying
But What i want to know if there is any way to know the frimware version that it is installed in the drive, i just really don't want to be resky by any way. Also i found today a distributor how sell these verbatim dl dvd and my old pc dvd drive is compatible with burner max so i don't have to think about a hardware mod as i have to import the needed chips wich is not so easy here.
And that's it i'am very thankful guys i really appreciate what are you doing.

Reactions: SAXJONZ

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Any chance you can identify the drive?
https://www.360drives.com/howto

Zephyr motherboards used various drive models. Assuming it even needed an update to LT+3.0 (the samsungs didn't) then I believe most of those would have been released before the reflash or just after. Everything after that usually just involved making sure you burned it properly and checking with ABGX360 -- towards the end it was not like a flash cart or something where you update every other week to support the new games, and even on the older stuff it was usually just to remove security to deal with newer discs (though XGD3 and AP2.5 are exceptions here).

To that end if the person was competent and you are after the dashboard where MS themselves updates the drives you are probably good and only need to make sure you check your isos and your burns with ABGX360
http://www.abgx360.cc/index.php

Short of grabbing the drive out and dumping its firmware (sometimes easier said than done) I don't really have any good "safe" tests you can try.

AymenBJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
Any chance you can identify the drive?
https://www.360drives.com/howto

Zephyr motherboards used various drive models. Assuming it even needed an update to LT+3.0 (the samsungs didn't) then I believe most of those would have been released before the reflash or just after. Everything after that usually just involved making sure you burned it properly and checking with ABGX360 -- towards the end it was not like a flash cart or something where you update every other week to support the new games, and even on the older stuff it was usually just to remove security to deal with newer discs (though XGD3 and AP2.5 are exceptions here).

To that end if the person was competent and you are after the dashboard where MS themselves updates the drives you are probably good and only need to make sure you check your isos and your burns with ABGX360
http://www.abgx360.cc/index.php

Short of grabbing the drive out and dumping its firmware (sometimes easier said than done) I don't really have any good "safe" tests you can try.
Hey freind
I have just burned a new game and when i try to play it just redirect me to the dashboard so what's that mean?

AymenBJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
After removing the front plate it turns out to be a benQ drive (2 white wires behind the hole)
Also ABGX360 tset passes everything Extept cheking game CRC... where it stops at 49% giving me ERROR: Unrecoverable read error while checking the Game CRC!

Last edited by AymenBJ,

AymenBJ

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tunisia
hey
it turns out that the drive isn't flashed. now after flashig it with ltplus-0442 every thing works perfecly!
thank you guys!

Now my problem is solved

Reactions: DinohScene

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad you got it working.

The 360 has a lot of really good games and with it I had one of the best times I have ever had with consoles. Many games have since made their way to the PC but the 360 efforts are still worth playing, and can be drop it and go rather than messing with updates and whatnot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe