[HELP] Problem editing Strings on code.bin

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by Headmasta001, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Headmasta001
    OP

Headmasta001 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2015
    Uruguay
    Well i'm trying to edit name and text on a japanese game, i open the decompressed code with Hex workshop and found where the strings are in the editor, but if i edit the text directly like " upload_2015-12-7_1-24-55.png "(6byte) into " Madoka" (12byte) and save it again, can't make a working exefs with rom builder because the size of the file is bigger than the original file.
    I try edit " upload_2015-12-7_1-28-10.png " into "mad" and the file can't be compressed again but works and the text upload_2015-12-7_1-29-25.png now is "mad".

the game is kunio kun special, all the series have the strings on code.bin file.

My question here is: What are posibilities to edit the japanese Unicode Text directly with the hex editor? But full text not only edit the limited bytes.
    Some kind of method to extract the code.bin file find text and repack again the file?

Someone can write a tool to edit the text for this game?

Well that's all... thanks for the help.

2. Bonovox40

Bonovox40 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 2, 2003
    United States
    Hey Headmasta. Any luck or progress with the kunio series? Have u tried requesting help or additional translators/coders at the romhacking forum?