[Help] Pokemon Sun corrupted save

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Red12, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Red12
    OP

Red12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    Mt. Silver
    So after using PKHex for the first time (I had a guide how to use it, pokemons were legit.) my save got corrupted. I only edited 6 pokemons and created one shiny Lurantis. What I edited to those 6 pokemons was their nature, moves, IV's, EV's and making my Golisopod shiny.

I used JKSM to import and export saves. Before editing my Main file, I created another folder in which the new edited main was going to be saved. Not even my clean main works when I restore it to my Pokemon Sun retail cartridge. The modified and clean/unmodified main opens fine in PKHex.

I'm using Luma + a9lh. I tried open it with PKSM and I get this message saying "Incorrect size for this game!". I also installed a cia of Pokemon Sun but I'm still getting the same when import it with JKSM.

Is there any way to recover it? Can someone look at my save? Are there more ways to transfer saves?
    I really don't know what else to do. That save is really important to me, I don't want to lose my pokemons :(. Help please.

2. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    you need to have a backup save which you shouldve made before doing this. its really the only way to recover

3. Red12
    OP

Red12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    Mt. Silver
    With PKHex? The option to create a backup that makes main's to main.bak? Can't I just do that with the unmodified main file? Because I did that and didn't work either.

4. McWhiters9511

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    well sometimes they simply wont restore. looks like ur out of luck :/

5. Red12
    OP

Red12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    Mt. Silver
    Thanks, but I'm not giving up yet.

6. Jao Chu

Jao Chu GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Aug 20, 2013
    straya m8
    Tsk Tsk Tsk. When editing save data, you should of made a backup!

When i am fooling around with my own save data, i dump it with savedatafiler, JK save manager and NTR save plugin. That way i have three redundant backups and then I copy it multiple times to my PC in different locations.

Allow this be a lesson to you.

McWhiters9511 likes this.
  7. McWhiters9511

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    and next time get the pokemon legit.

8. Red12
    OP

Red12 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 5, 2017
    Mt. Silver
    No thanks, you waste your time if you want on breeding perfect pokemons lol. I fixed it by opening my save on Citra emulator. I believe the problem was that I saved inside the Battle Royale Dome. The problem wasn't my inability to make backups to begin with :)

9. McWhiters9511

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    4 months later. nice