Hacking (Help): Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo not working, black screen on Luma/GW

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hay, all
i tried to play the demo version of sun and moon on my old 3ds (That has luma 6.5 at FW 11.2)
and no matter what, it still loads black screen, past the nintendo logo.

on my 2ds, the (that has GW at 11.2, the .3ds file on my gw shows up as "white screen icon" for S/M demo, does that mean: corrupted or non working?

i have tried the decrypt version, even tried to convert it myself using tools on pc from cia - 3ds
and, extract the 3ds file and rebuild it using pack hack, even tried making it into via with decrypt9 using xorpads.

but, still not loading.

how is it possible to get the demo to work load properly? on Luma and GW?

any help, cause I'm all out of ideas on how to get it to work :( .

thanx

Last edited by 2DSGamerdude,

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Why not just download the full game ;)

well, i could, but with all the fuss and problems with the seed and preloading etc, i'd rather what for the game to come out on the 18th, and then get a version that works no, preloading/fibi etc, too much of a headache to get it to work :( .

if, the demo doesn't load has issues, then i wonder if the full game will load up fine on luma cfw.

Dont Work

i "think" i found a post where the user "xtheman166," says that if you use a custom path and move the arm9loaderhax.bin to the luma folder and change path to custom then the S/M demo will load.

I'm not 100% sure if this works, but it's worth try, the demo might just load, if you change the path of the luma payload which blocked it from working.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-change-path-of-payload-luma3ds-menuhax.445380/#post-6752787

Quote from xtheman166:

"Turn on use custom path in luma config
Make a .txt file named path.txt
Put it in the luma folder on your 3ds. edit it to say: /luma/boot.bin
Put the arm9loaderhax.bin in your luma folder and rename to boot.bin.
your done."

Ryudhal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I did everything to try and change the path but it seems that no matter what i do my luma won't ever load the boot.bin inside the luma folder and instead use the armloaderhax.bin inside root instead. Help me please?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have menuhax+luma

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/5c9fkm/if_you_have_problems_to_start_the_sunmoon_demo_be/

Might be of some help to some of you. Probably not you OP as you don't seem to use sdless.

Edit: I have my arm9loaderhax.bin at root, and works fine. Are you using a bootmanager?

Edit 2: sdless luma is now fixed in Luma 6.6

yes, I'm using a boot manger, ctr one.
um, i got the new luma config up and working (6.6), and turned on the "use custom path",
and added a "path.txt" file in luma folder with the /luma/boot.bin

also, if the armhax.bin is moved to luma folder and renamed to boot.bin, will this cause the PKN SM demo to work?

um, sdless? This is done by injecting the armhax.bin file to CTRnand? and not using the sd card to load armhax?

if the PKN SM demo "still" (still being the word here) doesn't work, then f**k it, there's no point in wasting time going through the trouble of playing a demo that hardly works. too much of a headache.

i'd rather play the Full game instead, which i hope will work without any issues and no black screens like the other 3ds games etc.

Ante0

Trophies
XP
Country
yes, I'm using a boot manger, ctr one.
um, i got the new luma config up and working (6.6), and turned on the "use custom path",
and added a "path.txt" file in luma folder with the /luma/boot.bin

also, if the armhax.bin is moved to luma folder and renamed to boot.bin, will this cause the PKN SM demo to work?

um, sdless? This is done by injecting the armhax.bin file to CTRnand? and not using the sd card to load armhax?

if the PKN SM demo "still" (still being the word here) doesn't work, then f**k it, there's no point in wasting time going through the trouble of playing a demo that hardly works. too much of a headache.

i'd rather play the Full game instead, which i hope will work without any issues and no black screens like the other 3ds games etc.

I just tried adding CtrBootManager9, booting luma without path.txt. It still launches the demo. No GBA games work though.

But try placing Luma directly at root and see if that maybe makes it boot, else try the full game.

Also, did you try downloading the demo off of eshop?

Last edited by Ante0,

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I just tried adding CtrBootManager9, booting luma without path.txt. It still launches the demo. No GBA games work though.

But try placing Luma directly at root and see if that maybe makes it boot, else try the full game.

Also, did you try downloading the demo off of eshop?

by luma, you mean the Luma.3dsx file?

i dl'ed it off Freeshop etc. the demo.

also i think that the S/M demo + S or M game need that "Extended RAM" in order to work, hence the black screen?

also, would enbaling "Enable region/language emulation and external .code" for S/M work?

I'm using A RF version of Moon (Full game).

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

"
(Optional) Making Luma3DS work with an external boot manager
If you're using a boot manager (BootCtr9, CtrBootManager9, ARM9Select, etc.) to load Luma3DS, you won't be able to play GBA/DSiWare games, or certain games that need more RAM on the device (such as Super Smash Bros).

• You can disable your boot loader OR
  • Change Luma3DS's path (refer to the Options and usage page)."
1) the change luma path i did via the path.txt file and remaing armhax.bin file to boot.bin,
but the game that needs extend ram still won't load past the black screen.

i guess these games need
"certain games that need more RAM on the device"

um, how do i disable the ctrbootmanger?

also, if i disable the boot manger, and use auto boot luma.3dsx, how can i still keep some of my homebred apps to load at startup like how bootmager did?

"Payload Chainloading
Allows you to run other ARM9 programs on boot.
How to use:

Put any payload you wish to use in SD:/luma/payloads, and rename it to <button>_<name>.bin(where <name> can be whatever you want)

<button>_<name>.bin can be as follows:

• x_NAME.bin
  • y_NAME.bin
  • select_NAME.bin
  • start_NAME.bin
  • r_NAME.bin
  • a_NAME.bin
  • b_NAME.bin
  • right_NAME.bin
  • left_NAME.bin
  • up_NAME.bin
  • down_NAME.bin
For r_NAME.bin, a_NAME.bin and select_NAME.bin you need to press L+R, L+A andL+SELECT on boot respectively.
For any other payload you only need to hold its corresponding button.
If you're using a non-screen-init version of A9LH, it will be done automatically before launching the payload."

via Arm9 payloads?

like:

Y_Decruptor9.bin

X_EMUnand9.bin

B_menuhax.bin

etc?

Last edited by 2DSGamerdude,

Ante0

Trophies
XP
Country
by luma, you mean the Luma.3dsx file?

i dl'ed it off Freeshop etc. the demo.

also i think that the S/M demo + S or M game need that "Extended RAM" in order to work, hence the black screen?

also, would enbaling "Enable region/language emulation and external .code" for S/M work?

I'm using A RF version of Moon (Full game).

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Options-and-usage

"
(Optional) Making Luma3DS work with an external boot manager
If you're using a boot manager (BootCtr9, CtrBootManager9, ARM9Select, etc.) to load Luma3DS, you won't be able to play GBA/DSiWare games, or certain games that need more RAM on the device (such as Super Smash Bros).

• You can disable your boot loader OR
  • Change Luma3DS's path (refer to the Options and usage page)."
1) the change luma path i did via the path.txt file and remaing armhax.bin file to boot.bin,
but the game that needs extend ram still won't load past the black screen.

i guess these games need
"certain games that need more RAM on the device"

um, how do i disable the ctrbootmanger?

also, if i disable the boot manger, and use auto boot luma.3dsx, how can i still keep some of my homebred apps to load at startup like how bootmager did?

"Payload Chainloading
Allows you to run other ARM9 programs on boot.
How to use:

Put any payload you wish to use in SD:/luma/payloads, and rename it to <button>_<name>.bin(where <name> can be whatever you want)

<button>_<name>.bin can be as follows:

• x_NAME.bin
  • y_NAME.bin
  • select_NAME.bin
  • start_NAME.bin
  • r_NAME.bin
  • a_NAME.bin
  • b_NAME.bin
  • right_NAME.bin
  • left_NAME.bin
  • up_NAME.bin
  • down_NAME.bin
For r_NAME.bin, a_NAME.bin and select_NAME.bin you need to press L+R, L+A andL+SELECT on boot respectively.
For any other payload you only need to hold its corresponding button.
If you're using a non-screen-init version of A9LH, it will be done automatically before launching the payload."

via Arm9 payloads?

like:

Y_Decruptor9.bin

X_EMUnand9.bin

B_menuhax.bin

etc?

Could you take a screenshot of the root of your sdcard and post here please?

All you need to do is take Luma3ds' arm9loaderhax.bin and place it at the root of your sdcard.
If you already have a file named that, it's probably your boot manager, rename it to (for example) Y_bootmanager.bin or something, then place it in /luma/payloads/.
That lets you boot your bootmanager when holding Y when you start your 3ds, else it goes straight to Luma.

Also, if you're not using A9LH the above won't work.
What method are you using if not A9LH?

Reactions: MelonGx

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Could you take a screenshot of the root of your sdcard and post here please?

All you need to do is take Luma3ds' arm9loaderhax.bin and place it at the root of your sdcard.
If you already have a file named that, it's probably your boot manager, rename it to (for example) Y_bootmanager.bin or something, then place it in /luma/payloads/.
That lets you boot your bootmanager when holding Y when you start your 3ds, else it goes straight to Luma.

Also, if you're not using A9LH the above won't work.
What method are you using if not A9LH?

method I'm using:
luma 3ds + menuhax.

um, i stopped using the boot loader, ctrmanger9 and replaced the boot.3dsx to boot.3dsx file from the luma 3ds menuhax folder (in the luma zip)

1) Turning off the boot loader loads luma auto boot and using the payloads i can load certain .bin files :
Y_Emunand9.bin
X_DecruptorWIP.bin

2) the change luma path file i had enabled : "/luma/booot.bin"

i got PKN sun from CIa angel, and when i loaded it up, without the boot loader and the path on, the game got stuck on black screen.
but after i disabled the custom path, and loaded the game up it finally loaded pasted the black screen!

maybe my version of pKn moon was bad or that i hadn't disabled the boot loader or custom path.

so, the custom luma 3ds path.txt and the bootloader both must have blocked PKN M/S from loading pasted the black screen,
my old 3ds has:

Emu: 11.2
Luma 3ds: v6.6

Disabled both boot loader and custom path.

so, if you disable/remove:

1) the boot loader (ctrmanger9 etc)
2) the custom path

the extra ram games like PKN M/S etc will load up fine past the black screen! i assume it's the same for the demo of S/M?

Ante0

Trophies
XP
Country
it should be the same for the demo.
I was assuming you used A9LH...
Not sure how custom path works with menuhax, if it does at all.

Glad you got it working eventually :P

Last edited by Ante0,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn that's cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
    Veho @ Veho: Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages...