Hacking Help please!

  • Thread starter Thread starter fatmeegz
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 1,957
  • Replies Replies 15

fatmeegz

Active Member
Newcomer
Joined
Jul 16, 2012
Messages
41
Reaction score
2
Trophies
1
Age
37
XP
426
Country
Canada
Hey everyone. I need help partitioning my External 1TB HDD.

I want to run Gamecube backups, Wii backups(WBFS), all my emulators and all Wiiware and VC titles through Wiiflow... How many partitions should i make? Im aware that to run GC Backups, 1 partition has to be formatted to fat32 with a cluster size of 32k. My Wii games partition would be in WBFS format, so thats already 2 partitions. Now, what i want to know is, do i only need 1 more partition to run all my emulators and Wiiware/VC titles through Wiiflow's emulated nand?

Im also having trouble installing plugins to root/wiiflow/plugins folder. Everytime i put plugins into the folder, Wiiflow ends up crashing when i press the plugins button through the Wiiflow GUI. Im running WiiFlow (Mod 3.1 -r579)

Any advice?

Thanks to all.
 
One partition, FAT32 with 32K cluster size. That's all you need. You don't need a WBFS partition for Wii games, nor another partition for NAND emulation.
Edit: XFlak beat me to it :P
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
Thanks for that! How would i go for copying games from a WBFS formatted HD to fat32? Also, having troubles installing plugins... Thanks again for the help :)
 
Use Wii Backup Manager: http://gbatemp.net/topic/188295-wii-backup-manager-for-windows/ .
As for plugins, I don't use it (and I have an outdated version of wiiflow), so I can't help you with that.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
if you're trying to convert a wbfs partition to fat32 and retain all your games without having to backup your games to another HDD in the interrum (or re-rip the games entirely) you may want to check out wbfs2fat
http://gbatemp.net/topic/291320-wbfs2fatpy/
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
Whoa! Thanks XFlak! So basically i would be able to convert my WBFS partition to fat32 without losing any of my games? I currently have 465 Wii titles, is it safe to use?

Thanks again.
 
Ok, i formatted the drive to fat32 and it works fine on my computer. When i load Wiiflow, it doesn't recognize my external drive? If i use USB Loader then i can see all my games... Wow... What seems to be the problem now? Ive got 2 partitions on my External. 1 is unallocated of 20GB and the other is the primary fat32 partition of 911GB... Any help..? Hmmm
 
The unallocated space should not be a problem.
Perhaps wiiflows config is still set to look for a WBFS partition.
Try changing it or as a last resort start with a fresh wiiflow install

There are tools that can grow a fat32 partition to incorporate the rest of the space if you want.
Not really using windows I can't actually recomend one but I thought I should point out that it is possible.
(EASUS partition manager is often mentiond here but I don't know its features.)
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1 person
I got frustrated and formatted my HDD... Thought about the backup, so i did it and all the games come up, but none of them work? They are all the right sizes but they don't work at all... Tried transferring a few games from the backup and they do not boot...
 
I got frustrated and formatted my HDD... Thought about the backup, so i did it and all the games come up, but none of them work? They are all the right sizes but they don't work at all... Tried transferring a few games from the backup and they do not boot...
Im not a pirate!
Since you're not a pirate, why not just rerip all the "465 Wii titles" you own using the original disks? Wait wait... don't tell me, they're all scratched right? Anyways, I'll continue to try and bite my tongue and allow others with lesser morals try to help you pirate... you're lucky I'm not a mod otherwise this thread would be closed.

edit:
and to be perfectly honest I'm disappointed the moderating staff hasn't done so already.
 
Sorry for sounding like a pirate. Thanks for all the help though, i appreciate it. Close thread if you must.

Cheers.
 

Site & Scene News

New Hot Discussed User Submitted