Help please!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by fatmeegz, Jul 17, 2012.

Jul 17, 2012

Help please! by fatmeegz at 8:07 PM (1,143 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. fatmeegz
    OP

Newcomer fatmeegz Member

Canada
    Hey everyone. I need help partitioning my External 1TB HDD.

I want to run Gamecube backups, Wii backups(WBFS), all my emulators and all Wiiware and VC titles through Wiiflow... How many partitions should i make? Im aware that to run GC Backups, 1 partition has to be formatted to fat32 with a cluster size of 32k. My Wii games partition would be in WBFS format, so thats already 2 partitions. Now, what i want to know is, do i only need 1 more partition to run all my emulators and Wiiware/VC titles through Wiiflow's emulated nand?

Im also having trouble installing plugins to root/wiiflow/plugins folder. Everytime i put plugins into the folder, Wiiflow ends up crashing when i press the plugins button through the Wiiflow GUI. Im running WiiFlow (Mod 3.1 -r579)

Any advice?

Thanks to all.

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    you can format your entire HDD as FAT32. USB-loader's can read Wii and GC games off of a fat32 partition.

1 person likes this.
  3. PureMagic

Newcomer PureMagic Member

Brazil
    One partition, FAT32 with 32K cluster size. That's all you need. You don't need a WBFS partition for Wii games, nor another partition for NAND emulation.
    Edit: XFlak beat me to it :P

1 person likes this.
  4. fatmeegz
    OP

Newcomer fatmeegz Member

Canada
    Thanks for that! How would i go for copying games from a WBFS formatted HD to fat32? Also, having troubles installing plugins... Thanks again for the help :)

5. PureMagic

Newcomer PureMagic Member

Brazil
    Use Wii Backup Manager: http://gbatemp.net/topic/188295-wii-backup-manager-for-windows/ .
    As for plugins, I don't use it (and I have an outdated version of wiiflow), so I can't help you with that.

1 person likes this.
  6. XFlak

Canada
    if you're trying to convert a wbfs partition to fat32 and retain all your games without having to backup your games to another HDD in the interrum (or re-rip the games entirely) you may want to check out wbfs2fat
    http://gbatemp.net/topic/291320-wbfs2fatpy/

1 person likes this.
  7. fatmeegz
    OP

Newcomer fatmeegz Member

Canada
    Whoa! Thanks XFlak! So basically i would be able to convert my WBFS partition to fat32 without losing any of my games? I currently have 465 Wii titles, is it safe to use?

Thanks again.

8. XFlak

Canada
    "465 Wii titles" means you're a pirate. Sorry but my ethics prohibit me from helping you further... at this point you should be able to figure the rest out without my help anyways.

2 people like this.
  9. Burton

Member Burton Real Life VIP and Educator

Puerto Rico
    Some things are better left unsaid...remember that.

2 people like this.
  10. fatmeegz
    OP

Newcomer fatmeegz Member

Canada
    Im not a pirate! Thank you for all the help. Very appreciated.

11. Anon10W1z

Member Anon10W1z GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    There is a small chance you might corrupt the drive with wbfs2fat, but 99.9999% of the time it should be OK!

12. fatmeegz
    OP

Newcomer fatmeegz Member

Canada
    Ok, i formatted the drive to fat32 and it works fine on my computer. When i load Wiiflow, it doesn't recognize my external drive? If i use USB Loader then i can see all my games... Wow... What seems to be the problem now? Ive got 2 partitions on my External. 1 is unallocated of 20GB and the other is the primary fat32 partition of 911GB... Any help..? Hmmm

13. PsyBlade

Member PsyBlade Snake Charmer

Germany
    The unallocated space should not be a problem.
    Perhaps wiiflows config is still set to look for a WBFS partition.
    Try changing it or as a last resort start with a fresh wiiflow install

There are tools that can grow a fat32 partition to incorporate the rest of the space if you want.
    Not really using windows I can't actually recomend one but I thought I should point out that it is possible.
    (EASUS partition manager is often mentiond here but I don't know its features.)

1 person likes this.
  14. fatmeegz
    OP

Newcomer fatmeegz Member

Canada
    I got frustrated and formatted my HDD... Thought about the backup, so i did it and all the games come up, but none of them work? They are all the right sizes but they don't work at all... Tried transferring a few games from the backup and they do not boot...

15. XFlak

Canada
    Since you're not a pirate, why not just rerip all the "465 Wii titles" you own using the original disks? Wait wait... don't tell me, they're all scratched right? Anyways, I'll continue to try and bite my tongue and allow others with lesser morals try to help you pirate... you're lucky I'm not a mod otherwise this thread would be closed.

edit:
    and to be perfectly honest I'm disappointed the moderating staff hasn't done so already.

16. fatmeegz
    OP

Newcomer fatmeegz Member

Canada
    Sorry for sounding like a pirate. Thanks for all the help though, i appreciate it. Close thread if you must.

Cheers.