Help on using usb loader gx 3

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by element73, Feb 24, 2013.

Feb 24, 2013
  1. element73
    OP

Newcomer element73 Member

United States
    This past week I've been reading on and off for 5 hours and I could not find the specific answers to the questions I have. I would rather pay someone to give me the information I need lol.

I'll start with what I'm trying to do or what I know so far. I believe WBFS Manager 3 is able to copy wii games to the hdd faster than any other software, and I really like that, but it seems to only support wbfs drives and not fat32.

It seems fat32 is more popular now, but from reading old guide it says WBFS would most likely be more stable, but I guess that notion is negligible, since after realizing that no one else mentions this.

Ok, I'm going to explain what I want to do and PLEASE let me know if what I'm doing is too much work or if there is a better method. I was thinking of partitioning my 500gb drive into 3 parts. 1 wbfs, 1 fat32, 1 ntfs. WBFS would be for wii games, Fat32 would be for gamecube games, and NTFS would be for anything. I am aware that each file on fat32 must be below 4GB. Is what I'm doing stupid? should I just partition the drive to fat32 and ntfs?

I think I have usb loader gx 2.0. My question are do I need to update to usb loader gx 3.0? Can usb loader gx 2.0 read wbfs and fat32 from the same physical hard drive? What is the most stable method for playing NGC backups, devolution, dios mios, or other? Do I need to uninstall usb loader gx 2.0 before installing 3.0 as a channel?

2. rooskie54

Member rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

United States
  3. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    You'll need the latest beta of USBLoaderGX (linked above, r1209 as of today), to use DIOS MIOS and Devolution.
    When you format your drive, the FAT32 MUST be the first partition. (even if you decide to add a WBFS, make the first partition FAT32 or else DIOS MIOS will not work).

You should only make 2 partitions, WBFS is not stable at all and your games end corrupted very often. people telling otherwise just don't play their games very often to notice the problem.

If you are on Windows, then use WiiBackupManager.
    If you are on Mac, then too bad and good luck to find a good program to convert your games to wbfs files.

4. element73
    OP

Newcomer element73 Member

United States
    I downloaded the latest all in one package. I don't see where the betas are. I should be able to find it eventually.

5. rooskie54

Member rooskie54 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Let me know when you find it....