Gaming Help on hiding my IP address

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering what is the best way to hide/scramble your IP address and if someone could show me a good guide on how to do it. I've googled it and looked up YouTube tutorials but everything seems to not work out for me. I'm running Windows 7 64bit if that helps.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You wouldn't need to do this if you weren't planning on doing something highly illegal. For that matter, I won't help you.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Or maybe he just wants to bypass the goddamn download restriction on filesharing sites?

Of course, that HAS to be it.
rolleyes.gif

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
m3rox said:
You wouldn't need to do this if you weren't planning on doing something highly illegal. For that matter, I won't help you.
Honestly no. I've been caught for that like twice and I won't risk that anymore.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
IMO there's no good reason to need to mask your IP. Ignoring that, proxies are the way to go.

Proxies are a relay server. You connect to them, and through them connect to your desired website/Internet source. They can either be used as a gateway (I.e. You connect to a website then, using the tools on the website, browse the Internet from that window), or as an actual relay (this requires some slightly more complicated configuration in your web browser/download manager settings).

There are several "levels" of proxies which offer increasing levels of security. The first level is a basic redirect and won't actually hide your IP (think of call redirecting - you can usually still see the call number on the phone display). The highest level completely erases the e-trail of your presence so you're mostly invisible on the Internet. Hackers might even go one step further and use "zombie" terminals to scatter any traces to multiple connections, making it harder to trace back (this appeared in a certain James Bond movie).

Due to my principles, I won't name any. If you really need to use one, google up a guide. This post is for educational purposes only, and I take no responsibility if you screw something up and find yourself temporarily unable to use the Internet (which is what happens with a badly configured proxie).

As a side note, many proxies will log whatever activities you're doing and some even sell that data to advertisement companies. Do not use active proxies when connecting to important websites like a bank site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @Xdqwerty she's like 50 years old...
    ran a site called pocketheaven
    which never was good as far as I can tell
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @realtimesave, heaven for pockets?
    some day I'll be 50 on here, and I still won't taddle :D
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Pocket deeze nuts.
    +1
    @SylverReZ I won't taddle even if @DinohScene is around :D
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna sell one of RGH3 x360 today to neighbors kid, and refused to buy it cause I RGH modded it, they wanted a stock model, like wtf, better take your ass to gamestop. Dumbass.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, The worst part when buying 360's at GameStop, is that they bolt the heatsinks down.
    @BigOnYa yeah my sister wants a ps3 but I don't think she wants a modded one so I showed her where I got mine for 60 bucks.. they are still out there
    I have 2 rgh 360s, both are jasper
    and 1 jtag xenon or whatever those things were called, no hdmi on it which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @realtimesave, My ps3 model is a slim one
    I bought one of the jaspers used at gamestop. it was still brand new, just was in a refurb box
    @Xdqwerty hope it isn't a super slim... the slim is good it's what I have
    super slim seem kinda el cheapo. I could be wrong tho. haven't owned one
    I found a phat today for $60 + shipping.. idk much about modding them any more tho'
    that phat is mint too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I would Not trust anything from gamestop, ive read people buying stuff new under warranty, then something happens and they return to get fixed under they warranty to only get a used 2nd hand unit back, that bs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @realtimesave, i made some research and its a super slim
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, I haven't modded a Xbox 360 before, looks easy to mod, but difficult to take apart lol. I've done OG Xboxes before.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard dkoldies is worse
    they aren't that hard to take apart. I can pop them apart with a jeweler's screwdriver any more
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, DKOldies is a scam.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, DKOldies is a scam.