june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Background is:

I watched movie from a new 8G micro card, without format first. Then my working Acekard bricked. I tried paper trick, several times, it is back. So I format my new 8G micro card with SDFormat, but on Win7. I thought I am safe now. But I am wrong. When watching movie, it freeze again, then bricked again.

My dsi version is 1.4U

I tried paper trick. Many many times. Doesn't work.
Then I borrowed another DSL with TTST card, and tried the update/unbrick by running the 1.4 DSL file.
After the blue screen shows up for "Eject card and insert again, then press B", I switched the card, inserted my bricked card, then press B. But it hangs on there for ever.

I also tried the 1.4 DSL_NEW file. Same result. Hangs on "Press B" for ever. Should I try 1.41 DSL unbrick?

1. Can somebody please help me? Or my only solution is to buy a new card?
2. If I buy a new card, should i continue use the 8G micro card? Will that brick the new flash card again?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by 'you tried the paper trick many times'? Did you keep stuffing paper under the contacts?
You should only need one MAYBE two if for some reason it doesn't work the first time.

If you haven't done it already, put the slip of paper under the contacts and try to re-update it to 1.4.1 using another card.

june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used one piece A4 paper, and Combo Paper Trick method. I believe it includes the Contact. I tried several times, but each time only use one A4 paper. Maybe I should thicken the paper?

http://gbatemp.net/t231412-solving-acekard-contact-issues

I have also tried with paper under the Contact and unbrick using another card. Same result, stops on "Press B". Looks like the DS Lite can't detect the bricked Acekard.

june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I have my friend's DS Lite, I also tried my card on that console. Also can't be detected.
I didn't dare to test her TTDS card on my dsi, in the case her card is damaged.

june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know whether it is related. The card didn't work when I lie on bed, and watching the movie by put my dsi rotate 90 degree, since I was lying on my right side. Before I usually placed it on my chest. Could that the reason breaking the card?

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
june12 said:
only use one A4 paper. Maybe I should thicken the paper?

you crammed a whole A4 page into your slot 1? Somehow i can't even imagine sticking a card in slot 1 when there is an A4 folded inside too.

so what is the problem? After playing a movie your AK doesn't start anymore?
Then what? You reformat and put new FW on, and it works again, untill you play another movie?

what movies are you playing and with what? Obviously some .DPG format, and what version of Moonshell?

june12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first time I did get it back by paper combo. But this time, no luck. No matter how many times I tried.
By A4, I just mean the thickness is a piece of A4 paper. Of cause I cut it to fit the card shape, and the contact shape.

Yesterday, I tried 2 A4 thickness, no luck. And I also tried business card. You can guess the result....
What I can do now? Only solution is to buy a new card?

The movie is the same on my 2G micro before. And it works very well for 6 months. Nightmare begins when I use the new 8G card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up