[HELP] New 3DS updated while on 2.1

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by udelgadochio, Apr 28, 2017.

1. udelgadochio
    OP

udelgadochio Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Mexico
    As the title says, a friend of mine was trying to install a9lh+Luma in his console and he performed a system update while he was on 2.1, as the guide says you shouldn't update a new 3ds while on 2.1, he was originally on 11.3 and has the NAND Backup, I have previous experience on doing hardmods, but as far as I know that was patched on 11.3, so my question is if there s anything possible to do for recovering the 3ds? Maybe I am wrong and I can perform the hardmod to the console and inject the nand backup?

Hopefully someone can help me, thanks in advance.

Last edited by udelgadochio, Apr 28, 2017
  2. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    You can STILL restore a nand back up on 11.3, if you are on 2.1, you can STILL perform a Nand Restore.

3. udelgadochio
    OP

udelgadochio Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Mexico
    Hi! Thank you for your answer, how should I do the NAND Restore? with hardmod? After updating in system settings what version is the console? The only thing that happens is when trying to trun on a message appears in the lower screen and you can only power off.[​IMG]

4. ScarletDreamz

ScarletDreamz [Debug Mode]

Feb 16, 2015
    United States
    California
    What system version are you?
    What did you do?
    Can you access any Payload?
    Do you have A9LH?
    Can you boot into luma settings?
    Can you enter Recovery Mode?

5. KanterZ

KanterZ YouTuber, Modder. I also do SOFTMOD Services

Oct 9, 2015
    Philippines
    If he updated on an original firmware(and he gets an original firmware of old 3ds, at that)
    Unless you'll be able to wait for an exploit on 11.4, then no. :(

Hats off to the zombie New 3DS :(

6. Columbo2811

Columbo2811 GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 19, 2015

7. piterayo

piterayo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 12, 2016
    Well, first of all, has he updated after installing A9LH? If so, he probably can launch decrypt9. If not, the only way to recover is with hardmod, if the NAND backup is valid you can restore it hardmodding

8. TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake Certified Geek

Dec 2, 2014
    United States
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    If your friend updated after installing a9lh they should be able to just use decrypt9 to restore the backup. If they did it before installing a9lh hardmod still works to restore a previously made backup and even create backups. Only downgrading via hardmod was broken, but the main use of hardmod can't be patched

Quantumcat likes this.
  9. SirECK

SirECK GBAtemp Fan

Jul 1, 2009
    Canada
    Ontario, Canada
    If he has the NAND backup just restore it. If the update was done after a9lh you could just boot into hourglass9 and do it that way. Otherwise install a hard mod just to get the system working again, then start the guide over. Also you could try recovery mode.