joggy148

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Help Please...

After using R4 cards for a few years i brought an acekard and loved it.... unforunately my son managed to loose it at school and at the moment with xmas coming up couldn't afford to replace it with another acekard straight away and as I had not had any problems with my r4 cards in the past thought I would just by the r4i sdhc card.

It comes packaged from R4i-sdhc.com vers 1.4.1 and I have just installed there latest frimware which states its compatible with all cards with vers 1.4.1 on it.

I am not quite sure what I am doing wrong but when I try using the card it loads the menu but none of the games will load ...including games that I know work as they have been used before ... I either get various error messages or more often than not game just does not load and it freezes.

Any ideas?

Could it be the sd card rather than the flash cart?

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Try reformatting the micro sd card with the Panasonic formatter. LINK

Also, make sure you are using the latest firmware.

ps - R4 clones usually have poor support, so do not expect every game to work.

Edit: Forgot to mention back up (copy to your computer) all games and saves formatting it will erase everything from your micro sd.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I have an r4i-sdhc.com R4-SDHC
smile.gif

Get the newest firmware.

joggy148

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks folks ...I have downloaded kernel 1.27b which I think is the latest software .... but still no joy.... but I think I have worked out what the problem is ....the micro sd that came with it is only a normal sd not a hc sd ..... will this ne the problem.... can't believe I never noticed when I got it 2 days ago.Have ordered a new card in case lol.

Also when I turn the ds on the cart is recognised as alex rider ...is this correct?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've never had an issue of using 1gb or 2gb microsd non HC on any flashcart
i've only had issue of using a 512 MB microsd on the iPlayer which I thought would work, but 1gb and larger worked fine

you should've bought a new acekard, not a new microsd imo >.>

joggy148

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that...i'll keep trying .... I will be buying a new acekard for myself but for when my son takes it to school and loses it ...its just not worth it for him.... never had a problem with the normal r4's before now and this is just weird.

thanks again for help

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You bought all that, and you say you don't have $15.00 for an Acekard off of shoptemp?
You should definitely get an Acekard to prevent future headaches.

But does the card work in other systems? If so, it could be contact issues. Have you tried the paper trick? Because if you're on DSi XL 1.4.1U, and it gets to the menu, that means it's okay, but for some reason nothing is showing up.

joggy148

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I managed to get a very good deal on cards lol brought both for less than £10.... Acekards in uk can cost £20
frown.gif
UPDATED to the latest firmware that was released yesterday afternoon and seem to be having more luck but still have a few games that work on normal r4 that wont load on this one !!

joggy148

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pichon64 said:
Carrying a videogame handheld console to SCHOOL? Why not just books and notebooks? Education is going downwards these days.

My son goes to a school that has a school day that runs from 8am-1.30pm and then they run after school clubs from then until 3.30pm.... these clubs include...football, tag rugby, tennis, basketball, chess computers, and a wii and ds club .... to name a few of the 20 odd clubs run every day!! the consoles are not allowed to be used during normal school day but at club time its time for them to relax and have fun lol.

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ShadowSoldier said:
That's because R4i SDHC sucks. It's probably the worst of the R4i cards..

Helpful comment there SS, thanks. The R4i-SDHC is actually sold at Shoptemp, has a 5-star rating there and is one of only 3 clones they sell, your trolling doesn't sit well with your decision to advertise Shoptemp in your sig. The OP bought the card he can afford and is politely asking for help.

@ OP: I have the same card (and use it in both an XL and an original DS) and have no issues with any game other than Super Scribblenauts. I suspect you have a bad microSD, as mentioned above you can try a format, but if you have another card - in your cellphone for instance - try using that and see if it fixes your problems. Latest firmware from the manufacturers site is 1.28b, find it here: LINK

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Come again? Trolling would be something like
"lol r4 sucks, lololol, dont be stupid, get good card lololol u fag"

And by newer games, I assume he meant games like Super Scribblenauts, which you even said so yourself, doesn't work [if you did, oh well, too lazy to go check your thread].

I have a hatred for all things R4... unless it's the original that runs Wood. I got screwed over by R4's in the past. But if it is the newer games that aren't working like Super Scribblenauts, it'd be wise to get a card that has better compatibility.

Also, there's no reason why I can't put those two things in my signature. If you're a mod or something, feel free to remove them, because last I checked, they're allowed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs