Hardware help needed regarding nintendo + flash cards

noonzascript

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, is it true that Nintendo will brick user's 3DS consoles if they are caught using a flash card?

mellow.gif

thanks
smile.gif

noonzascript

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks! I just needed quick answers
biggrin.gif

I thought it would be easier to ask then read each page on different threads since I'm quite new to the Nintendo Scene world
smile.gif

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bricking? No. But I am curious about the error screen known as the "Black Screen of Death." Nobody knows exactly what causes it, and although I haven't used any flash carts on my 3DS, I've recieved the error a few times. Nintendo is very aware of the error, and it is easily fixed when you shut down and reboot the 3DS.

So if anything, I could see Nintendo forcing the 3DS to error when a flash cart is detected. It won't brick, but it won't allow you to play until you reboot without the flash cart inserted. Just a thought.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo wouldn't kill your device for it, but they would definitely make it as ...unwise a decision as possible to continue using flashcards with your 3DS.

gautam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m not particular if it’s the kind of thing Nintendo will ever directly confirm, but a Japanese store has posted the subsequent information on their website:
“In case if you use equipment which is illegal or unapproved by Nintendo or if you do customization which is unapproved by Nintendo, there is a possibility that Nintendo 3DS become non bootable by system update.”
Additionally, the store “refuses to purchase 3DS method with report of illegal or unapproved equipment.”

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)