Help needed, PS4 wont switch on

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Tomassi, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Tomassi
    OP

Tomassi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I have a hacked ps4 which was running fine on 5-05 hen etc up until tonight. Now i press the power button on the console and it wont turn on. I press the disc button and it beeps, but the power button, nothing. Has it bricked somehow? I barely use it, so i cant think it would be to be honest. is the power button broken or is the console caput

2. MasterJ360

MasterJ360 GBAtemp Maniac

Jan 10, 2016
    United States
    My PS4 power button doesn't function either but still powers on with a controller plugged in by pressing the PS button

3. MeAndHax

MeAndHax GBAtemp Fan

Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    Try to hold the power button for a longer time (=20 sec) and see if it turns on then

4. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    @Tomassi

I would troubleshoot various things to see what’s happening:

Power: perhaps it needs to be disconnected for a few mins, replugged in and see what happened

HDMI: is it connected properly? Remove the cables, reseat them and try again, if still nothing try changing the cable.

Safe mode: after removing from power for a few mins, plug it back in, give it 30 seconds, then press and hold the power button until (if it beep at all) it beeps a second time.

5. Tomassi
    OP

Tomassi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2017
    United Kingdom
    thanks guys, having looked around, ive managed to fix it. I think the power button is broken because I tried to put a disc in and it all booted up ok thank god! trouble is, all my controllers were synced to my other unhacked ps4, so I couldn't even turn it on with one of them. should be good to go now though. so, in future, if anyone elses ps4 isn't turning on, try putting a disc in, hopefully that will work!

6. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    If you’re feeling techy open it up and see if the power ribbon cable has vibrated or wiggles out of place.

7. Tomassi
    OP

Tomassi Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2017
    United Kingdom
    I may do if it causes problems in the future. At the moment I'll just thank my lucky stars I can switch it on at all!

KiiWii likes this.