Hacking Help needed, PS4 wont switch on

Tomassi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hacked ps4 which was running fine on 5-05 hen etc up until tonight. Now i press the power button on the console and it wont turn on. I press the disc button and it beeps, but the power button, nothing. Has it bricked somehow? I barely use it, so i cant think it would be to be honest. is the power button broken or is the console caput

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My PS4 power button doesn't function either but still powers on with a controller plugged in by pressing the PS button

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Tomassi

I would troubleshoot various things to see what’s happening:

Power: perhaps it needs to be disconnected for a few mins, replugged in and see what happened

HDMI: is it connected properly? Remove the cables, reseat them and try again, if still nothing try changing the cable.

Safe mode: after removing from power for a few mins, plug it back in, give it 30 seconds, then press and hold the power button until (if it beep at all) it beeps a second time.

Tomassi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks guys, having looked around, ive managed to fix it. I think the power button is broken because I tried to put a disc in and it all booted up ok thank god! trouble is, all my controllers were synced to my other unhacked ps4, so I couldn't even turn it on with one of them. should be good to go now though. so, in future, if anyone elses ps4 isn't turning on, try putting a disc in, hopefully that will work!

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks guys, having looked around, ive managed to fix it. I think the power button is broken because I tried to put a disc in and it all booted up ok thank god! trouble is, all my controllers were synced to my other unhacked ps4, so I couldn't even turn it on with one of them. should be good to go now though. so, in future, if anyone elses ps4 isn't turning on, try putting a disc in, hopefully that will work!

If you’re feeling techy open it up and see if the power ribbon cable has vibrated or wiggles out of place.

Tomassi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you’re feeling techy open it up and see if the power ribbon cable has vibrated or wiggles out of place.

I may do if it causes problems in the future. At the moment I'll just thank my lucky stars I can switch it on at all!

Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: