KirgoPlayer007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I am trying to compile this:
https://github.com/develer-staff/dspython

Everything went fine until I got to the part where you need to open msys_pyds.bat.
If I double click it msys_pyds.bat will open and close himself after.
(I know this might be very easy to solve but I am just very dumb)

Some help will be appreciated
Thanks in advance.

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That batch file just defines some environment variables and then launches the devkitpro msys console window. This means you either did not install the required devkitpro components or it is not installed to the location specified in the batch file.
Also of note - the instruction for compiling this have you modify core build files in the devkitpro folder. You won’t be able to build other things with these changes in place. Something to keep in mind before reporting issue to devkitpro.

KirgoPlayer007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
That batch file just defines some environment variables and then launches the devkitpro msys console window. This means you either did not install the required devkitpro components or it is not installed to the location specified in the batch file.
Also of note - the instruction for compiling this have you modify core build files in the devkitpro folder. You won’t be able to build other things with these changes in place. Something to keep in mind before reporting issue to devkitpro.
Can you help me to compile it? (Or maybe just compiling it yourself?)

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you help me to compile it? (Or maybe just compiling it yourself?)
I really don’t have any interest in this. I found it mildly interesting when it was originally released but not particularly useful. This will also require a bit of work to compile with current devkitarm releases. So all in all not something I would want to invest time in myself.

KirgoPlayer007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I really don’t have any interest in this. I found it mildly interesting when it was originally released but noty particularly useful. This will also require a bit of work to compile with current devkitarm releases. So all in all not something I would want to invest time in myself.
Yea I understand

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Still looking for help
Why don't you show some patience? If you are "just very dumb" then you can spend some time getting "less dumb" while you wait for someone to reply.

If I double click it msys_pyds.bat will open and close himself after.
(I know this might be very easy to solve but I am just very dumb)
Instead of double-clicking .bat files, you should open and command prompt window and run them from there instead.

If you do not know how to use the command prompt window, then I do not understand what you expect to accomplish with Python.

KirgoPlayer007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Why don't you show some patience? If you are "just very dumb" then you can spend some time getting "less dumb" while you wait for someone to reply.

Instead of double-clicking .bat files, you should open and command prompt window and run them from there instead.

If you do not know how to use the command prompt window, then I do not understand what you expect to accomplish with Python.
1.I just clarified that I still need help after elhobbs comment.Do you think I am just waiting for answers?

2.I tried that but it still won't work.

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.I just clarified that I still need help after elhobbs comment.Do you think I am just waiting for answers?

2.I tried that but it still won't work.
If what you want is for some to do this for you then you need to be up front about that.
If on the other hand you do want assistance then you need to be specific.
What did you do?
What did you expect?
What did you get as a result and why do you think that is a problem?
Things like error messages - actual details that people can help you solve.

KirgoPlayer007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
1.I tried to execute the console enviroment that must be created by msys_pyds.bat.
2.I expected it to work because I changed some things that weren't right in there myself.
3.I got as a result a cmd that closed after half a second.
4.No error message at all.

If it might help here is the unchanged msys_pyds.bat:

SET PYTHONDIR=/c/Python26/
SET DEVKITPRO=/c/devkitPro/
SET DSPYTHON=/c/dspython/
SET MINGWDIR=/c/MinGW/

rem
rem You should not customize anything beyond this point
rem

SET DEVKITARM=%DEVKITPRO%/devkitARM/
SET PATH=%MINGWDIR%/bin;%DEVKITPRO%/msys/bin;%DEVKITARM%/bin;%PYTHONDIR%/;%PYTHONDIR%/Scripts
SET INCLUDE=%DEVKITARM%/arm-eabi/include
SET LIB=%DEVKITARM%/arm-eabi/lib

rem stackless
set ARCH=-mthumb -mthumb-interwork
set BASECFLAGS=-ffast-math %ARCH% -DARM9 -DNDS
set CFLAGS=-ffast-math %ARCH% -DARM9 -DNDS
set LDFLAGS=-specs=ds_arm9.specs -g %ARCH% -lnds9 -L%DEVKITPRO%/libnds/lib

set CC_FOR_BUILD=gcc
set PYTHON_FOR_BUILD=%PYTHONDIR%/python

c:\devkitPro\msys\msys.bat

Attachments

• msys_pyds.zip
    520 bytes · Views: 27

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don’t run the file by double clicking on it. Open a windows command prompt and run it there. Do you get an error message? Do you see the msys console open? Does that go away? Are you able to run the msys command prompt from the devkitpro options on the start menu?

KirgoPlayer007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Don’t run the file by double clicking on it. Open a windows command prompt and run it there. Do you get an error message? Do you see the msys console open? Does that go away? Are you able to run the msys command prompt from the devkitpro options on the start menu?
This is the error I get when I run msys_pyds.bat from cmd.
The system cannot find a path specified

elhobbs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the error I get when I run msys_pyds.bat from cmd.
The system cannot find a path specified
This is where a screenshot or a cut/paste with everything - both the command you entered and the output.
Based on the limited context - you are either not in the directory containing msys_pyds.bat or the I try is not finding the msys.bat file.
As I asked before - are you able to open msys.bat from the start menu? Do you actually have devkitarm installed? Is it installed to the c:\devkitpro folder?

Reactions: Takokeshi

GrateJames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A little late, but I've been attempting this very same thing - I got past this step by changing msys to msys2 - there seems to have been an update or two in the last 12 years :)
- Replace "c:\devkitPro\msys\msys_shell.bat" with "c:\devkitPro\msys2\msys2_shell.bat" and
- Replace "SET PATH= ... %DEVKITPRO%/msys/bin; ... " with "SET PATH= ... %DEVKITPRO%/msys2/bin; ... "

However I still have not got the app to compile correctly despite MANY other changes to the bulid process. (Python2 -> Python3 conversions, updates to many diffrent configuration files to support msys2 and other changes since then)

There's a pre-bulit linked in the wiki (on github, don't have enough xp to post link), however it seems to only work on no$gba (Or other emulators) but covers the bottom screen in random images when run on the real hardware. (Maybe a proble, with the filesystem type?)

If anyone is interested, I can further document my changes, but I don't know if re-building will result in any changes to how well it works on hardware.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may have to compile this in msys, which can have its on devkitpro in the opt folder. here's mine currently:

1661258170091.png

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to compile this, but it was just too old, and there were way too many problems. I got up to the libpython step, then it would no longer compile. something was either wrong with the compiler or it was missing dependencies that may be lost to time.

KirgoPlayer007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I tried to compile this, but it was just too old, and there were way too many problems. I got up to the libpython step, then it would no longer compile. something was either wrong with the compiler or it was missing dependencies that may be lost to time.
Hello! If you want to compile the homebrew I think you should contact the creator of it on his email. I had a really nice chat with him regarding the homebrew!

Reactions: godreborn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    LEOtck? Who's he? Never 'erd of the las. :)
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely...