OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i am thinking of getting one of these mini notebooks and was wondering if it was worth it
i am mainly going to use it for surfing eh internet and might carry it with me to college (already taking desktop) and i could use the eee pc as a lightweight laptop
i was thinking about getting the 8.9 inch screen version but wondering if i should go with xp or linux and which Os loads faster
any opinions on whether i should get it would be helpful or any opinions on any other min notebook i should get will also be helpful
i am only thinking to spend about 600 so this would be good and i might get an external hard drive for it

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait for the MSI Wind comng out in several days.

10" screen, standard 2.5" 80GB hard drive, new Intel Atom, 5.5 hours of battery life with 6-cell battery, Bluetooth, full-sized keyboard, 400$ linux, 549$ windows (which is also 6-cell version)

Better value than the EEE

MystikEkoez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take a look at the Dell E and E Slim. Coming soon.
mini-inspiron-1.jpg

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It would be hot if it had a decent processor in it. According to benchmarks, the Atom isn't much of a performer at all. Apparently the performance of a 1.6 GHZ Atom is near to that of a Pentium M 900 MHZ.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lodis said:
It would be hot if it had a decent processor in it. According to benchmarks, the Atom isn't much of a performer at all. Apparently the performance of a 1.6 GHZ Atom is near to that of a Pentium M 900 MHZ.
and it uses like 10x less power

Oh and you can overclock it on the Wind by pressing a button.

Oh yeh, don't bother with the mini-note.

Jota.Ce

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The mini-note has a very weak cpu, the VIA C7. It'll be a viable option when they release the new version with the new VIA Nano. But of the ones mentioned, go for the Wind.

On the OS topic, try both of them (on your desktop), then buy a netbook with the one you feel more confortable with. Personally I'd recommend Linux, but be aware that my opinion is a litle biased
biggrin.gif

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm actually thinking of getting the EEEPC 1000h when it comes out. I think its better then the MSI Wind. (I haven't looked at MSI Wind wind yet but I heard the new EEEPC 1000h is better in specs.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    cearp @ cearp: Welcome hazbeans