KingBot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey guys.
Today I got the N3DS Monster Hunter Generations Edition with firmware 10.7.0-32E
and I want to get the ticket.db and downgrade after that but I can not launch Decrypt9 with Ninjhax.
Emunand9 does not work either, so please help meee T.T

KingBot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In that case it means I will lose my pre-installed version of Monster Hunter Generations. Am I right ?
Please tell me there is a possibility to save my pre-installed game.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
downgrading alone won't do that. if you format, it will be lost but you can probably re-download it.

I think you'll be fine downgrading.

Reactions: KingBot

KingBot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Last time I had a partial downgrade and used menuhax to start the homebrewmenu and repeated the downgrade with plaisysupdater.
Worked well.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just wondering, the bricking with the sysupdater while downgrading is very low now is it?
PlaiSysUpdater installs titles in a certain order. specifically, the last two titles (excluding TWL stuff) are Home Menu then NATIVE_FIRM. sometimes it fails immediately after it installs Home Menu, leaving NATIVE_FIRM as 10.4/etc, but everything else is downgraded so it should still boot fine.

the only thing we're still trying to figure out is why there's sometimes post-downgrade soft bricks. this is an issue for any sysUpdater + variants. https://github.com/Plailect/PlaiSysUpdater/issues/8

side note: Gateway's "Time Machine" formats the system each time you do an update/downgrade, which isn't a good solution.

TarAnTani

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi;

@KingBot , I wanted to ask if you were successful in dumping the ticket? And if you were (this is probably getting me a warning or even a ban), if you care to share?

I couldn't find anything "legit" on the usual places.
Sorry in advance if I overstepped my boundaries and asked for to much.

KingBot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I can not tell if did something wrong or if a error occured because I dumped the ticket.db but the downloaded file get corrupt at the end of the download process, no matter what kind of tool I use. =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended