[Help] N3DS Monster Hunter Generations does not load Decrypt9

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by KingBot, Jul 18, 2016.

1. KingBot
    OP

KingBot Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hey guys.
    Today I got the N3DS Monster Hunter Generations Edition with firmware 10.7.0-32E
    and I want to get the ticket.db and downgrade after that but I can not launch Decrypt9 with Ninjhax.
    Emunand9 does not work either, so please help meee T.T

2. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
  3. KingBot
    OP

KingBot Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    In that case it means I will lose my pre-installed version of Monster Hunter Generations. Am I right ?
    Please tell me there is a possibility to save my pre-installed game.

4. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    downgrading alone won't do that. if you format, it will be lost but you can probably re-download it.

I think you'll be fine downgrading.

KingBot likes this.
  5. KingBot
    OP

KingBot Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Okay. Thank you very much. I guess I will downgrade it then.

6. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    on a side note: if it fails mid-downgrade, don't update it! just use the ninjhax payload for 9.2.0-20E (CLICK THIS for the qr code) and go use PlaiSysUpdater again.

7. KingBot
    OP

KingBot Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Last time I had a partial downgrade and used menuhax to start the homebrewmenu and repeated the downgrade with plaisysupdater.
    Worked well.

8. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    just wondering, the bricking with the sysupdater while downgrading is very low now is it?

9. ihaveamac

ihaveamac GBAtemp Guru

Apr 20, 2015
    United States
    Tigard, OR
    PlaiSysUpdater installs titles in a certain order. specifically, the last two titles (excluding TWL stuff) are Home Menu then NATIVE_FIRM. sometimes it fails immediately after it installs Home Menu, leaving NATIVE_FIRM as 10.4/etc, but everything else is downgraded so it should still boot fine.

the only thing we're still trying to figure out is why there's sometimes post-downgrade soft bricks. this is an issue for any sysUpdater + variants. https://github.com/Plailect/PlaiSysUpdater/issues/8

side note: Gateway's "Time Machine" formats the system each time you do an update/downgrade, which isn't a good solution.

10. TarAnTani

TarAnTani Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Hi;

@KingBot , I wanted to ask if you were successful in dumping the ticket? And if you were (this is probably getting me a warning or even a ban), if you care to share?

I couldn't find anything "legit" on the usual places.
    Sorry in advance if I overstepped my boundaries and asked for to much.

11. KingBot
    OP

KingBot Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2016
    Gambia, The
    Well I can not tell if did something wrong or if a error occured because I dumped the ticket.db but the downloaded file get corrupt at the end of the download process, no matter what kind of tool I use. =(

12. TarAnTani

TarAnTani Member

Newcomer
    Aug 9, 2016
    Gambia, The