Hacking Help, N3DS can't go back on MenuHax/Emunand/Gateway on reset.

lucoia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi, I was playing Monster Hunter Stories, I closed the game, went back to Gateway emunand, turned off the n3ds like usually, then I power it up and I'm not able to get back to menuhax/emunand anymore.

I don't remember exactly what cfw I installed (it was like 2 years ago) I think it's Luma. The only thing I know is I usually hold the cursor down button on power up and the N3DS enters the homebrew launcher, and there I can chose Gateway from many options to enter Emunand.

Now all of a sudden after 2 years that it was always working, on power up it just enters sysnand (9.2) no matter what buttons I press. I didn't do anything on emunand, wifi is always turned off, I just played and powered off the n3ds as usually, I tried every combinations on power up, holding up, down, left, right, L, R, but nothing is working.

How do I get back on the homebrew launcher/emunand? I'm kinda lost.

Last edited by lucoia,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you're on 9.2, you can re-install the same hax you had before. Though I'd recommend making a new emuNAND now, and then definitely installing CFW instead of the outdated menuhacks.

That and I'm guessing you forgot to boot Gateway through Luma and updated your emuNAND, or you booted Gateway in sysNAND. Hacks won't remove themselves without user input/hardware failure, not even menuhacks.

lucoia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I vaguely remember how to do anything but I got and update. Before I turned off the n3ds the theme was changed and was red, my wife or my son might have just changed it, but I was still using it and it was working properly, when I turned it off and then back on in a matter of few seconds I wasn't able to get back on the homebrew launcher. I got a vague memory about how theme can screw/reset things up and I got to get back to enable homebrew launcher via the browser exploit or something like that right?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I vaguely remember how to do anything but I got and update. Before I turned off the n3ds the theme was changed and was red, my wife or my son might have just changed it, but I was still using it and it was working properly, when I turned it off and then back on in a matter of few seconds I wasn't able to get back on the homebrew launcher. I got a vague memory about how theme can screw/reset things up and I got to get back to enable homebrew launcher via the browser exploit or something like that right?
Honestly just install Luma with Soundhax. You don't even have to downgrade anymore, it's a straight install. https://3ds.guide/

Since you've been away for a while a lot has changed. I would highly recommend reading everything. Just scroll down to "Get Started."

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.bundleupdates.com
XP
Country
Australia
I also would suggest upgrading to a b9s+luma cfw, with some tricky setting up, you can also have it dual-boot into a gateway mode emunand, but that gets complicated

if you want to just go the b9s+luma only just follow the https://3ds.guide and you should be good to go,

I have a gateway emunand setup on my system if you don't have many games on your gateway, I may be able to help you convert your save games so you can import them into cia installed version

lucoia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If I follow this: https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)

Will I lose my emunand installation, configuration, save files, and cia installed?

More importantly, I just remembered how to get back in the homebrew launcher via http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php

I was able to get back to my Gateway Emunand, reset the theme back to default but if I reset the N3DS I can't get back in the homebrew launcher by holding button down. I need to run the browser hack again.

In the homebrew menu I can see Gateway, themehax, ironhax, menuhax, etc.

How can I just reconfigure the N3DS as it was before so I can just hold the down button on power up to access the homebrew launcher?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW if you install menuhacks type 2, you don't need to hold a button. It will boot HomeBrew automatically from power on.

Also to answer your other question you won't lose your emuNAND or anything. It's still partitioned on the card regardless, you'd have to format your SD card with a certain tool to even get rid of it. As for you saves and stuff, the Gateway one's would need to be converted to be useable with .CIA installs, but you wouldn't lose any installed titles as you can flash your emuNAND to sysNAND after the fact. Any .3DS roms you use could be converted to .CIAs and installed or redownloaded as well.

Obviously it's entirely up to you what you want to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD