HELP MY MICRO SD CARD CRASHED

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Duckthom, Jul 1, 2009.

Jul 1, 2009

HELP MY MICRO SD CARD CRASHED by Duckthom at 2:58 PM (1,124 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Duckthom
    OP

Newcomer Duckthom Advanced Member

Netherlands
    Whet i placed my micro sd card in my pc, it suddely said that i had to format my micro sd card [​IMG] and when i placed it back into my r4ds it said: Micro SD/TF Card error. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Please help me, i don't wanna lose all my games and save files! [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So if u have a solution please say it to me.

Thanks,
    DuckThom

2. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    2 choices.

1) Reformat, best done if you use common sense and back up files from your microSD.
    2) Use something better than Windows Explorer (under Vista, which seems to hate any microSD I throw at it, especially sandisk) such as linux, and see if you can find any files on it.

3. WioWao

Member WioWao GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    Maybe this is a bit offtopic but its the same subject. To prevent IE "crashing"/corrupting my sd card what do i do? I always use "Safe remove"(i think its translated to that. My windows is danish.) on my USB reader and so far i havent had any problems.

1 more question : I have an inbuilt cardreader and if i use safe remove on that it disappears. I think it uses USB so i cant really replug it when i want to read SD again because its build into my pc. So i always use "Push out/dismount" on the reader/disc thingie and that seems to work. Is this the correct way to prevent corrupting my sd's? [​IMG]

Wow this post really got confusing and meseed up [​IMG]. I hope you guys understand my question anyway [​IMG]

4. Duckthom
    OP

Netherlands
    My pc(with vista) doesn't read anything on it anymore, it just says that i have to format my sd card [​IMG]
    I can't make a backup of my files and what do you mean with: Use something else then Microsoft Explorer?

btw, this is how i think about my sd card: [​IMG]

5. WioWao

Member WioWao GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    Well if you have a mobile phone with USB cable that can read your SD card. I crashed another SD card before by just pulling it out without safe removing. Vista wanted to format it. My phone could read it and i used it to back up all my files before formatting it [​IMG] My 1.0 usb's in my keyboard were also able to read it even though 2.0 said it was corrupt O.o

6. Panic101

Member Panic101 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    always use safe remove and when you first get you microsd card always panasonic sd formatter to format it never the windows one. Good luck. Just start over....

7. Duckthom
    OP

Netherlands
    I've fomatted it but i coulde'nt restore my files [​IMG] so i have to do everythin over again.
    (pokemon mystery dungeon) HMPF.
    and i don't have a mobile phone with a sd card slot [​IMG]
    Thanks anyway guys [​IMG]

8. Akiyo

Member Akiyo GBAtemp Regular

Japan
    I never use safety remove. I just unplug it out as soon i think theres no more files running.