help! moonshell not working

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by phher, May 22, 2010.

May 22, 2010

help! moonshell not working by phher at 11:48 PM (1,304 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. phher
    OP

Newcomer phher Newbie

United States
    My son has a acekard 2 for his dsl. i installed the moonshell program on there to play mp3 files for him and it worked fine for awhile. i don't know what he did, but now when he tries to access his songs through moonshell, it gives him an error message "An error was detected while trying to access the disc or a file. please confirm the followings:" the it gives a long list of things. I've tried reformating his sd card and putting back the moonshell version 1.71 back onto his dsl, but it still doesn't work. also, now when he presses start to change his skins, the dsl freezes. any help would be much appreciated.

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
  3. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    Please remember to use the alternative moonshell2 loader because the regular one won't have sound when used (it is recommended to use the alternative moonshell2 loader by Xenon++ which is available here in the second download link).

4. phher
    OP

Newcomer phher Newbie

United States
    thanks for the tip. i tried installing moonshell 2.10 onto the sd card. i must be doing something wrong. i extracted everything from the download and installed a folder "moonshl 2", "monshl2.nds", "moonshl2_altloader_dkpr27.nds", and "moonshl2_directboot.nds" onto the root. when i go into my music file that contains all his music, it doesn't show me any songs at all. i tried opening all the folders and either get error messages or can't get anywhere. before i would just open up the moonshell folder and it would automatically display all the songs in the music folder. can someone inform me how this version works and how i am suppose to access the songs on the sd card.

5. jurassicplayer

United States
    Did you use the setup.exe file in the download?

6. phher
    OP

Newcomer phher Newbie

United States
    i did the setup.exe and sent it to my sd card. still nothing.

7. jurassicplayer

United States
    Did you dldi patch the .nds files? It might be possible that something in your microSD has gone bad, in which case you would have to backup the files and then reformat the mSD (generally I say this as a last resort when I can't think of anything else that would work, so in the event that this doesn't work...I wouldn't be really sure what else that could help).

8. phher
    OP

Newcomer phher Newbie

United States
    thanks for all the tips. the last thing that i tried is to move all the files onto the desktop of my computer to make sure nothing is corrupted. then i reformatted the sd card with SD Formatter. then put all the files back onto the card. still moonshell doesn't work. willing to try anything. any more suggestion will be much appreciated.

9. jurassicplayer

United States
    I'm not sure if this will work, but here is the one that I can use on my flashcart...If it doesn't work for you...maybe check the dldi that is in your __aio/__ak2 folder to make sure it is the right dldi.

10. jurassicplayer

United States
    -edit-
    internet screwed up, ignore this post.