Hacking Help me with lazarus 3DS

trixy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a formatted and hackless 3ds, i have executed the Prep script for getting the firmware files. I have restored the files on my 3ds XL but shows error "bootrom 8046 00f800ee". Can you help me?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have a formatted and hackless 3ds, i have executed the Prep script for getting the firmware files. I have restored the files on my 3ds XL but shows error "bootrom 8046 00f800ee".
This sentence is unclear. Are you suggesting that you made a NAND backup of an unhacked 3DS, and tried to restore it to a different 3DS? Because that's a big no-no.

In any case I agree that you're probably not going to get anywhere without ntrboot at this point.

Reactions: fmkid

trixy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This sentence is unclear. Are you suggesting that you made a NAND backup of an unhacked 3DS, and tried to restore it to a different 3DS? Because that's a big no-no.

In any case I agree that you're probably not going to get anywhere without ntrboot at this point.
I have fixed, i have sighaxed the nand header.
If you want i have reworked lazarus script for restore hard bricked 3ds without nand. For now script is for OLD3DS/XL.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No script can repair a hard bricked 3DS. This requires a physical repair. This guy has a bad softbrick, not a hardbrick.
100% agreed. Of course the bricked state was software only.

Possible explanation:
In my recent activities concerning Android I came across this strange usage of hardbricked vs. softbricked while nobody meant actual hardware damage. If I got this right they use "softbricked" for cases where Fastboot Mode or Download Mode still work normally and "hardbricked" for such cases that require bridging test points on the PCB or something like that in order to get into some kind of emergency mode.
Applying this on the 3DS we could call 8046 Bootrom Error "hardbricked" as it requires more than software to fix (ntrboot cart) which is somewhat comparable to the above Android example.

That said I strongly advise against such a usage of "hardbricked" and would only say it for actual damage on hardware level (broken PCB, water damage, fried NAND,...)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end