Hacking Help me Update my softmodded wii Please~~

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, sooo i softmodded my wii a while back. And since then i have not touched it. I turned it on recently and homebrew channel got updated but other than that, nothing changed. I know my channels are all out to date and probably some are useless now.
I am also unsure what new things/channels/mods there are for me to use as well as the new isos that need to be installed for newer backups. PLEASE HELP!!!
unsure.gif
I am running on the japanese version of the wii however i had installed using the japanese twilight princess and that file and have had no problem in the past.

Here are my current stats:
1- Version 3.3J (Should i update to the 4.0 or whatever? How so, etc.)
2- Backup launcher 0.3 gamma IOS249 by Wiigator
3- Gecko Region Free v1.5 by Nuke
4- Wiibackup/Iso loader v1.0beta by waninko

(items numbered to help in discussion)

I know i can find updated files but considering my system menu is out to date as it is i am unsure what i should do since i have been out of the scene for a while. I also know that there is iso direct loading now but i am unsure if i would be using an external anyways~

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
install bootmii
install hbc, but i gather you also have that
install CIOS rev9 or higher (latest is 13, use that if u want) for usb loader app support
use waninkoko's 4.0 upgrader to go up to 4.0 safely

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so far~
Will updating to 4.0 let me use a microsd card to load from for homebrew also ?

Any other cool apps out there? Anything happen with gamecube loading as of yet? Like making a disc and loading, that doable now?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
zelgadis said:
Thank you so far~
Will updating to 4.0 let me use a microsd card to load from for homebrew also ?

Any other cool apps out there? Anything happen with gamecube loading as of yet? Like making a disc and loading, that doable now?
you will need to put it in an sdcard convertor, perhaps it already works now.. but what's new in 4.0 is >2gb and sdhc
GC loading, same as before, you can boot em, put multiple games on 1 discs, etc. But nothing new like wii games (usb2 iso loader!)
Read around this forum
smile.gif

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I agree with Manias thats how I did it...

First install BootMii to boot2 if you're Wii is old enough it can...,Then back up you're Wiis NAND using BootMii.
"If you brick you're Wii durning the update BootMii and the Nand backup might (99% if its installed on boot2) fix it"

Install cIOS rev10.
"Its my favorite"

Use Wininkoko 4.0 updater..
"You need to have WiFi and the Wii online for Wininkoko 4.0 updater to work, but its the best way to update it only installes the stuff you need.."

Then install the IOS60 Patch..
"It helps you to run WiiWare and VC games off the SD Card...I think."

Also it can take 30+ minutes to do Wininkoko 4.0 updater.....
DON'T TURN OFF THE WII WHILE UPDATING OR YOU'LL HAVE A FULL BRICK!!!

---Edit---

As far as cool apps there are some cool ones now..

1. USB Loader 1.5
"It loades Wii Games from a external USB hard drive or a thumb drive and the games run grate better than Back Up Channel"

2. GameCube Luncher.
"Play backed up Game Cube games"

3. BootMii 0.2
"Saves Youre Wii from a Brick"

If you need more help let us know.
smile.gif

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Seems like i am more rusty then i thought...i have forgotten like everything x.x

Edit: Ok got the files to work unfortunately the switch on my microsd convertor broke...so its stuck on protected >

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok 4.0 is up
smile.gif
And i patched, that all went well~ But one thing i cant get working still~

I updated my wad manager to 1.3 waniko's version. But when it goes to load from sd card it gives me the following error: Retrieving device contents, please wait....... Error! (ret= -1)

what is wrong?
frown.gif
wads are super important so :x

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, I am using a micro sd. I guess i have to change to sd eh~ Would this also be why I can not drag my installed games into the sd channel icon?

On a side note, any one hear of flickering on the system menu or in games due to softmod. Anything i can do to fix this? (sorry for loading this thread full of questions but i am getting such a great response from the community that I can not help it
smile.gif
)

I greatly appreciate all the help so far!!

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zelgadis said:
Yup, I am using a micro sd. I guess i have to change to sd eh~ Would this also be why I can not drag my installed games into the sd channel icon?

On a side note, any one hear of flickering on the system menu or in games due to softmod. Anything i can do to fix this? (sorry for loading this thread full of questions but i am getting such a great response from the community that I can not help it
smile.gif
)

I greatly appreciate all the help so far!!

i use microsd w/ adapter. works fine.

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I used to also and it worked but then one day it stopped working. Its ok as the adapter just broke on me today, so its stuck on lock position now >

oxMUDxo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a new SD Card and install BootMii 0.2 to boot2 NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some SD Cards dont work well with the Wii.

The reasion games are flickering is more than likey the game is not the same region as you're Wii...
THIS CAN SIMI BRICK A WII IF THERE IS A UPDATE ON IT AND ITS INSTALLED!!!
To check for a simi brick go to system settings and see if it loads up..

INSTALL BOOTMII AND BACK UP THE NAND!!
This is soooooo important if you dont know 100% of what you are doing, lol and you and I dont..!! Veary few people do.

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
wow thanks!
yea its not screen flickering but like you know if you have a ds or a tv and you lose a pixel or 2. Its sorta like that style. Mostly on the main menu, its very minimal not a lot or really distracting. Been like that before this, was just wondering. Anyways~ I found my other SD cards so i will do that with them
smile.gif
Thank you!!

P.S - The ios 60 patch. It lets me play stuff of the sd? Meaning i install with the wad manager and then copy it in the system menu onto sd then i can play off of that instead?

zelgadis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so i cant boot bootmii.....i do not know why...... its in my apps folder, in its bootmii folder then boot.elf
I tried to load it from HBC but it says its not a valid application........what is wrong?!??! x.x

I also installed the latest cios with usb loader but punchout is not loading, i get the blue screen disc error -.- *sighs*

EDIT: I got punchout working by installing the neo gamma loader!
smile.gif
I didnt have to region switch like some threads have said for japanese consoles.

However, i still can not get bootmii working
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-