Hacking Help me please

roses_108

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey everyone I just got a new DSTT today and It was working fine and then all of a sudden it keeps saying that there is no card in my DS and I have tried to remove the card a few times and It won't start. I have put the firmware in a few times and it won't start and I don't know what to do to fix it. I have a 2gig micro SD from scan disc. Any help would be appriceated.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First try to turn on the DSTT without a microSD card in it. You should get an icon that says "No Card" on it. Reformat your card using the Panasonic formatter. If at all possible use a different microSD card reader than the crappy one that comes with the DSTT (there have been lots of problems with those and it could be corrupting your microSD card). Make sure to use the "Safely remove hardware" option or you could corrupt your microSD card. If you insert your microSD card without installing the firmware you should see an icon that says "Menu?" on it. Then install the firmware (copy the TTMENU.DAT file and TTMENU folder to your microSD card). Make a folder named "games" and drop two or three .nds files in the "games" folder. Then try it again.

Report back here.

-Bri

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think the problem is that the DS is not detecting the DSTT, not that the DSTT is not detecting the memory card.

Check the contacts on the DSTT for filth, and try blowing into the DS cart slot.

roses_108

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yeah my ds isn't reading the card at all now I have tried blowing into the DS card slot many times and the DSTT as well and cleaning it but every time in push the card into me ds the front side gets dirty down the bottom, is that normal?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So to be clear, if you insert the DSTT into the NDS without a microSD card in it, you aren't getting the "No Card" icon?

If that's the case, it is likely that you have a bad DSTT (the dreaded contact problem). You should exchange it for a new one.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully you bought it at a reputable store that will let you exchange it for a new one. It's a known problem that some DSTT's have problems contacting the NDS, and unfortunately it looks like you got one of the bad ones.

-Bri

kingkapong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yah, i've been having the same problem with my dstt. it would recognize and load the card if i did not use my ds earlier. after playing on the ds for an extended time, turning it on and off the ds is unable to detect it. i've always had to soft-reset if i wanted to switch games or i had to leave my ds on if i was taking a break.

the ds is also unable to detect the cart if it was in my pocket for an extended time. when it's cool it boots up normally (without bending and such). my ds boots up fine with nds games under both these circumstances and i'm using a kingston 2gb microsd.

Kazumastars

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe your pins aren't being directly connected correctly. If you recently bought this, try contacting your store to see if you can get an exchange for a new DSTT. Other than that, I've heard of some wedge thing where you basically fold a tiny piece of paper and itll help contact the pins better?

kingkapong

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so the pins don't make contact the moment i turn off my system and turn it back on? i don't bother taking the cart out and reinserting it in because just letting it cool down fixes my problem.

and unfortunately, i can't return or exchange it cause i bought this the day before i left for school and months passed since =(

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's a known problem with the DSTT, so depending on where you bought it from they may allow you to exchange it for another one. Just mention that it's the "contact problem" and they'll probably know what you mean.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, Do you remember this song?