Hacking Help me out, please..

ridamgame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys, I recently bought a used nintendo ds lite silver, and when I was trying to load games like Ghost tricks or pokemon black, nothing happens but a white screen. After all, I figure out I have to update my R4 CARD which I can't seem to do since I can't understand many of the guides I found in all forums. And so, I was wondering if any of you, could help me 'cause I really want to play the new games that are coming out for the ds.

Lastly, my R4 card says it has a V1.18 and it has some music and boot options as well.

PS: It would help me a lot if anyone could tell me what's the first step to update my r4 card so I can play the new games I described above. All kind of help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

loloknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://gbatemp.net/t267243-retrogamefan-updates-releases

Here there's a rar file, with the needed files and instructions to install the retro's actualization. U just find your cart folder inside and follow the instructions inside that file. Hope You understand my english and find this helpfull. For the games you want there's still an update, in the uncomming games I dont know cuz I think retro stopped updating again... im sad to hear that... (>^.^)> hugs 2 u

EDIT:

Also... IM NOT BEING ... MEAN? but this is a ttds section. I own a ttds AND I think retro game files work for you BUT im not shure... you should find especial info on your cart on the section designed for it... but you can try the rar here also i think r4 users indeed use retro's files for the fix of AP

EDIT:

Am apparently im talking about something its not known/rumor. Maybe retro didnt stop, just his topic got unsticky for ppl not to post on it... so dont mind what i wrote.. sorry ... Any ways thanks retro I try to thank you any time I can cuz 4 you my ttds still works =].

Lmao how many edits

ridamgame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
loloknight said:

Here there's a rar file, with the needed files and instructions to install the retro's actualization. U just find your cart folder inside and follow the instructions inside that file. Hope You understand my english and find this helpfull. For the games you want there's still an update, in the uncomming games I dont know cuz I think retro stopped updating again... im sad to hear that... (>^.^)> hugs 2 u

EDIT:

Also... IM NOT BEING ... MEAN? but this is a ttds section. I own a ttds AND I think retro game files work for you BUT im not shure... you should find especial info on your cart on the section designed for it... but you can try the rar here also i think r4 users indeed use retro's files for the fix of AP

EDIT:

Am apparently im talking about something its not known/rumor. Maybe retro didnt stop, just his topic got unsticky for ppl not to post on it... so dont mind what i wrote.. sorry ... Any ways thanks retro I try to thank you any time I can cuz 4 you my ttds still works =].

Lmao how many edits

I'm still lost lol, how do I know if I have a R4 neo, SDHC or a pro gold card?, since they can't handle the ys menu. Btw, where is the guide to update my firmware in the link you gave me?.. Darn, this seems to be complicated..

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ridamgame said:
loloknight said:

EDIT:

EDIT:

Lmao how many edits

I'm still lost lol, how do I know if I have a R4 neo, SDHC or a pro gold card?, since they can't handle the ys menu. Btw, where is the guide to update my firmware in the link you gave me?.. Darn, this seems to be complicated..

post a url web address image of what you see on your card ?, look on google

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&x...090&bih=652

clones

http://www.google.co.uk/images?um=1&hl...mp;aql=&oq=

this one ? - have a good look even the half bubbles at the top - this is r4 original image

r4_adj_s.jpg

ridamgame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drwhojan said:
ridamgame said:
loloknight said:

EDIT:

EDIT:

Lmao how many edits

post a url web address image of what you see on your card ?, look on google

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&x...090&bih=652

clones

http://www.google.co.uk/images?um=1&hl...mp;aql=&oq=

this one ? - have a good look even the half bubbles at the top - this is r4 original image

r4_adj_s.jpg
Mine looks exactly the same as the card image you posted, on the other hand, I copied some wood r4 files and managed to run a game... ghost tricks, the thing is the game worked but the characters dialogues don't appear O.o. I mean the characters bubbles are white and nothing can be seen. Nevertheless, I am able to play the game without any problem.

Can you guys tell me why is this happening?, did I do something wrong while copying wood R4 files?, or it's just a rom problem?..

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
Mine looks exactly the same as the card image you posted, on the other hand, I copied some wood r4 files and managed to run a game... ghost tricks, the thing is the game worked but the characters dialogues don't appear O.o. I mean the characters bubbles are white and nothing can be seen. Nevertheless, I am able to play the game without any problem.

Can you guys tell me why is this happening?, did I do something wrong while copying wood R4 files?, or it's just a rom problem?..

The game has AP - Do you have WoodR4 v1.23 latest ?

Hear is both YSmenu and Wood designed for R4 original only , like the one you have if is then you do have a R4 original!

http://www.mediafire.com/?l3264wzol27cv7n

ridamgame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drwhojan said:
QUOTE said:

The game has AP - Do you have WoodR4 v1.23 latest ?

Hear is both YSmenu and Wood designed for R4 original only , like the one you have if is then you do have a R4 original!

http://www.mediafire.com/?l3264wzol27cv7n

Allright, so I must download those files and extract them to my micro card and that's it?.. first I should reformat my sd card again right?..

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Backup and reformat, then extract files to the root of micro SD

You will see a switch system on your DS when the files are added / put games in NDS Games folder

1. YSMenu v6.46.3.nds - to run ysmenu
2. WoodR4 v1.23.nds

to switch back to WoodR4 1.23

YSmenu softreset buttons L,R,A,B,Y,X

ridamgame

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drwhojan said:

You will see a switch system on your DS when the files are added / put games in NDS Games folder

2. WoodR4 v1.23.nds

Thanks a lot mate!, just one more thing.. do I really have to do this?, I just found that my wood menu is working really fine.. I downloaded another ghost trick rom and now everything is showing up even the pokemon silver rom which didn't work when I had the old r4 menu..so do you suggest me to download and extract the files? or just keep everything like it is.. seems all the games are loading fine... for now lol.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ridamgame said:
drwhojan said:

2. WoodR4 v1.23.nds

Thanks a lot mate!, just one more thing.. do I really have to do this?, I just found that my wood menu is working really fine.. I downloaded another ghost trick rom and now everything is showing up even the pokemon silver rom which didn't work when I had the old r4 menu..so do you suggest me to download and extract the files? or just keep everything like it is.. seems all the games are loading fine... for now lol.

You may have got a patched rom - but it's your preference if you would like to do so, If you feel comfortable then leave as is!

All my files are well upto date

AP mean anti piracy in the rom it's self

YSMenu

CODE
extinfo.dat

5510 - YBUP - Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow (EUR)
5509 - BKEP - Hello Kitty Birthday Adventures (EUR)
5508 - BFLE - MySims - SkyHeroes (Usa)
5507 - B3LJ - Eigo de Tabisutu Little Charo (Jap)
5504 - BNRE - Petz Nursery (Usa)
5503 - BQGE - Cabela's Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 (Usa) - Save issue need fixing
5500 - BZBJ - Zombi Daisuki (Jap)
5499 - BYVJ - Kaiju Busters Powered (Jap)
5473 - BK9P - Kingdom Hearts Re-Coded (EUR) (Clean)

infiolib.dat

5510 - YBUP - Blue Dragon Awakened Shadow (EUR)
5509 - BKEP - Hello Kitty Birthday Adventures (EUR)
5508 - BFLE - MySims - SkyHeroes (Usa)
5507 - B3LJ - Eigo de Tabisutu Little Charo (Jap)
5506 - B7WE - 7 Wonders II (Usa)
5505 - A4ZE - Touch Darts (Usa)
5504 - BNRE - Petz Nursery (Usa)
5503 - C5BE - Little Bears (Usa)
5502 - BQGE - Cabela's Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2011 (Usa) - Save issue need fixing
5501 - CRSE - Bermuda Triangle - Saving the Coral (Usa)
5500 - BZBJ - Zombi Daisuki (Jap)
5499 - BYVJ - Kaiju Busters Powered (Jap)
5473 - BK9P - Kingdom Hearts Re-Coded (EUR) (Clean)

+ XXXX - Saga 2: Hihou Densetsu: Goddess of Destiny (J)(ENG PATCHED v2.11)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
    +1
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    +1
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    ddddddddddddddddddddddd
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my fingie hurt
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Why?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    hangnail thing I think
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ... that's rough buddy
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    peepee
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: peepee