OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing Pokemon Diamond, and I'm trying to get a good rounded team until I can catch some of the badasses... But all of the Pokemon I've caught suck!!! Here's my team.

Shinx, level 5
Ability: Rivalry - Raises Attack if the foe is of the same gender.
Attacks: Tackle, Leer
Stats: HP 19, Attack 14, Defense 9, Sp. Atk 10, Sp. Def 8, Speed 10
Bidoof, level 5
Ability: Unaware - Ignores any change in ability by the foe.
Attacks: Tackle, Growl
Stats: HP 22, Attack 10, Defense 9, Sp. Atk 9, Sp. Def 10, Speed 9
Starly, level 5
Ability: Keen Eye - Prevents the Pokemon from losing accuracy.
Attacks: Tackle, Growl, Quick Attack
Stats: HP 19, Attack 10, Defense 9, Sp. Atk 8, Sp. Def 8, Speed 11
Kricketot, level 5
Ability: Shed Skin - The Pokemon my heal its own status problems.
Attacks: Growl, Bide
Stats: HP 20, Attack 7, Defense 10, Sp. Atk 7, Sp. Def 9, Speed 7
Chimchar, level 8
Ability: Blaze - Powers up Fire-type moves in a pinch.
Attacks: Scratch, Leer, Ember
Stats: HP 27, Attack 14, Defense 14, Sp. Atk 14, Sp. Def 13, Speed 16

Now, how would I make this team work? I'm trying to get every Pokemon I can possibly get in Diamond, which is why I have some Pokemon that some people would say could never be any good...

Now, I'm just having problems trying to get some of these Pokemon to be able to defeat other Pokemon without dying or their health bars turning red. The Pokemon in question? All of them save for Chimchar. I have no problems with that Pokemon, and probably never will.

Just getting Kricketot up TWO LEVELS was difficult. Because the only HP damaging attack it had is Bide, it usually ends up in red HP after one battle or ends up dying... And I'm fighting level 3 and 4 Pokemon here. I haven't gone far from Sandgem Town yet.

Also, why the hell does my character only weigh 75 lbs? At her age, I'd think she'd weigh at least 90.... Is she anorexic or something?

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
Just getting Kricketot up TWO LEVELS was difficult. Because the only HP damaging attack it had is Bide, it usually ends up in red HP after one battle or ends up dying... And I'm fighting level 3 and 4 Pokemon here. I haven't gone far from Sandgem Town yet.

To level up the ones without any real attacks at the beginning: put them in front of the party, enter a battle, and before you do anything else, switch out to your powerhouse (chimchar in your case) to take down the enemy and give half of the experience to kricketot (or any other pokemon that needs to be levelled up)

QUOTEAlso, why the hell does my character only weigh 75 lbs? At her age, I'd think she'd weigh at least 90.... Is she anorexic or something?

Because the game was made in Japan. Smaller people.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
That's a problem for me. I like battling my Pokemon to get them to level up, unless it's an extreme case when they have no damaging attacks... Cause there's that problem where I always seemed to forget to battle with the Pokemon that evolve from friendship.

I AM using Serebii to track everything, but i'm still really paranoid about that kind of stuff.

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My personal experience says to throw Kriketot away.
More Exp goes to the rest of the Pokemon and you can always catch a Kriketune early/midway through the game.
The rest of your party will become monsters and when Bidoof evolves, he can become a HM-slave.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
yikkyon said:
More Exp goes to the rest of the Pokemon and you can always catch a Kriketune early/midway through the game.
The rest of your party will become monsters and when Bidoof evolves, he can become a HM-slave.
Blah. I don't care what I can catch....

And I've never had an HM Slave before. Seriously. I always had like five different pokemon just for stuff like Victory Road.

yikkyon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
yikkyon said:
Blah. I don't care what I can catch....

And I've never had an HM Slave before. Seriously. I always had like five different pokemon just for stuff like Victory Road.
Kriketot evolves at level 10 anyways so it's all good.
You should have no other problems after that.
You should progress little further so it's easier to train (And by train I mean switch and kill)
It's your game so enjoy the rest of it.
wink.gif

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Inunah said:
Also, why the hell does my character only weigh 75 lbs? At her age, I'd think she'd weigh at least 90.... Is she anorexic or something?

Hey it's anime, what can you say. I mean in the anime world, barely anyone is fat, and if you are fat you only way 200lbs at most. And that's if you are the size of a truck.

Edit:
Also idk if this works for D/P/Pt but get mystery gift. It has a Jirachi
yaynds.gif

Edit 2:
Just went on Pt, and no Mystery gift option. Oh well, go get HG or SS!

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
Inunah said:

Hey it's anime, what can you say. I mean in the anime world, barely anyone is fat, and if you are fat you only way 200lbs at most. And that's if you are the size of a truck.

Edit:
Also idk if this works for D/P/Pt but get mystery gift. It has a Jirachi
yaynds.gif

Edit 2:
Just went on Pt, and no Mystery gift option. Oh well, go get HG or SS!
LOL

I don't know how to get mystery gifts.... And I have the ROM of HG....

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
yikkyon said:
It's your game so enjoy the rest of it.
wink.gif
For some reason, I have trouble enjoying Pokemon games if they're remakes or not the latest non-remake that were announced....
I haven't liked remakes that much, and since D/P/Pt isn't the latest game to be announced I've been getting edgy and flamey toward the series (In ways like "RELEEZ ENGLISH FIRST THIS TIME, FOR FUCK'S SAKE. AND TOMORROW. RELEEZ TOMORROW." but not telling Game Freak and Nintendo that.)......

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
This is the way I went about playing all my other Pokemon games I've had... I would catch as many as possible, but back then I only trained my starter and by the time I finished the game I had a lvl 100 starter and all my other pokemon were level 20 or some low number like that(Didn't like the odds, if my starter was KO'd then my other pokemon would lead me on the fail train), so I eventually thought it was time for a change.

KingdomBlade said:
If you want a bug type
I want all the pokemon though.

The Pi

Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
You should aim to be strong against every type

I'm sure your aware of this
PokemonTypeChart.PNG

don't make all 4 of a pokemons moves the same type. try to mix both move and pokemon types as evenly as possible.

Inunah

OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
The Pi said:
You should aim to be strong against every type

I'm sure your aware of this
PokemonTypeChart.PNG

don't make all 4 of a pokemons moves the same type. try to mix both move and pokemon types as evenly as possible.
Kind of hard to do that for Kricketot since Serebii says it can't learn moves from TMs or HMs it doesn't learn any moves by leveling up.... Have to freakin' evolve it before I can even make it learn Hidden Power, which is the only freakin' TM I have.

But I'm trying for my other Pokemon... Just gotta get more TMs and HMs and level them up more.

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
try get those once:
Gengar (haunter, Gastly)
Snorlax
Tyranitar (pupitar, larvitar)
Scizor (scyther)
keep Shinx or try get Electivire (elekid, Electabuzz )
1 of your coice

kinda stable and really powerfull team
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn McDonald's ice cream machine broken