Hacking Help me lol

mandyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Delete if this is in the wrong section, and I'm sure if it's not someones about to make me feel real dumb real quick, I'm having trouble finding INI files for N64 injections? Modded my Wii U all fine, got Gamecube injections and all that working perfectly but I can't find these files for N64 and just can't seem to get them working. Any advice?

Edit: Would be super grateful if anyone can help with this, it's just only thing I seem to be struggling with

Last edited by mandyone,

mandyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unsure as to if the 18 people viewing the thread all have the answer and they wanna let me suffer, or they all want the same answer I do haha

trogdon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found it’s easiest to just generate them yourself.

go here:
https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/WiiU_VC_N64_inject_compatibility_list

Find the game you are looking for and it’ll say “here” with a lock next to it. That’ll take you to github that has the settings you need. Copy those, and open notepad in windows (not sure how to help if you are not using windows). Paste the github text into the notepad file and do “save as”. Change it from “.txt” to “all files”, then just name it whatever you want with “.ini” at the end. Then in your injection tool load that file with the rom.

if you need specific ones let me know, I just made a few myself last night.

mandyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I found it’s easiest to just generate them yourself.

Find the game you are looking for and it’ll say “here” with a lock next to it. That’ll take you to github that has the settings you need. Copy those, and open notepad in windows (not sure how to help if you are not using windows). Paste the github text into the notepad file and do “save as”. Change it from “.txt” to “all files”, then just name it whatever you want with “.ini” at the end. Then in your injection tool load that file with the rom.

if you need specific ones let me know, I just made a few myself last night.

You're a legend, even just reading that makes more sense on this topic than anything else has, nice one bud cheers

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That was another issue I was having is that a few of those just say By Nintendo which has no link or otherwise, for example for Super Mario 64 it doesn't have a link to any files.

trogdon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're a legend, even just reading that makes more sense on this topic than anything else has, nice one bud cheers

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

That was another issue I was having is that a few of those just say By Nintendo which has no link or otherwise, for example for Super Mario 64 it doesn't have a link to any files.

you’re welcome, hope it helps! You won’t need it for all games, Mario 64 will run just fine without one. If it’s blank then don’t worry about needing an ini.

mandyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Awesome thank you, that narrows it down to a different issue at least haha. Tried injecting using Donkey Kong 64 in Phacoxs injector and just got a black screen sadly. Thanks for the help :)

trogdon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N64 games can be tricky, you might have to try a few combinations to get it working. Since that was an earlier one, maybe try Mario Golf as the base. I’ve had good luck using F-Zero as a base but haven’t tried injecting SM64. That was a virtual console release, so if you could find that download that would work the best.

mandyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
N64 games can be tricky, you might have to try a few combinations to get it working. Since that was an earlier one, maybe try Mario Golf as the base. I’ve had good luck using F-Zero as a base but haven’t tried injecting SM64. That was a virtual console release, so if you could find that download that would work the best.

Yeah I couldn't seem to find one but I didn't look very hard, I was using Wii U USB Helper for injections, but it's lacking a lot in the VC department, is the something better being used these days?

mandyone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Update, managed to get it working with the newest version of UWUVCI as it's super user friendly and kinda does everything for you haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @SylverReZ :creep: