Help me lie to my parents.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Westside said:
Here is what's going down... I just got my grades back from the university. I got a C+/B- average... my father was planning to send me into heavy labour work this summer again should I get a grade lower than A. B+ and B would be bad enough but this... I'm personally happy with my grades, and it will get me where I want, but not for my parents... I wanted to change the specific URL that displays my grades (it looks like "university.com/something.jsp") to redirect to a webpage I've already designed on my hard drive and shows a sign that says something along the lines of "The grade for this current student will not be available until August 19th, 2008" which is 4 days after I move out of the house and possibly never to come back again. I know this is wrong, but I want to stay alive, lol... C+ is WAAAY off my parent's expectations...
Change the Hosts document to redirect www.school.com to localhost
Then run a local web server and host the school files and change the grades
It's so easy

This are the locations of the host file:

# Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista: %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\ is the default location, which may be changed. The actual directory is determined by the Registry key \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\DataBasePath.
# Windows 95/98/Me: %WinDir%\
# Linux and other Unix-like operating systems: /etc
# Mac OS 9 and earlier: System Folder: Preferences or System folder (format of the file may vary from Windows and Linux counterparts)
# Mac OS X: /private/etc (uses BSD-style Hosts file)
# OS/2 and eComStation: "bootdrive":\mptn\etc\
# Symbian 1st/2nd edition phones: C:\system\data\hosts
# Symbian 3rd edition phones: C:\private\10000882\hosts, only accessible with file browsers with AllFiles capability, most are not.

fermio100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hit said:
Westside said:
Here is what's going down... I just got my grades back from the university. I got a C+/B- average... my father was planning to send me into heavy labour work this summer again should I get a grade lower than A. B+ and B would be bad enough but this... I'm personally happy with my grades, and it will get me where I want, but not for my parents... I wanted to change the specific URL that displays my grades (it looks like "university.com/something.jsp") to redirect to a webpage I've already designed on my hard drive and shows a sign that says something along the lines of "The grade for this current student will not be available until August 19th, 2008" which is 4 days after I move out of the house and possibly never to come back again. I know this is wrong, but I want to stay alive, lol... C+ is WAAAY off my parent's expectations...
It's so easy

# Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista: %SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\etc\ is the default location, which may be changed. The actual directory is determined by the Registry key \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\DataBasePath.
# Mac OS 9 and earlier: System Folder: Preferences or System folder (format of the file may vary from Windows and Linux counterparts)
# Symbian 3rd edition phones: C:\private\10000882\hosts, only accessible with file browsers with AllFiles capability, most are not.

Hehehehe, piece of cake!
tongue.gif

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
fermio100 said:
Hit said:
Westside said:
It's so easy

Hehehehe, piece of cake!
tongue.gif
Yea it is, this also is a method how viruses work, they edit the hosts files and the virus redirects to a different cloned site that steals your password

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
fermio100 said:
Ok, I don't know how to help you, but will give you an advise. They will find out in the future, 'cause there's a possibility they check you older grades. I.E, next period you get good grades, like the A you're willing to, then you let your parents check the real website. Isn't there a possibility for them to "back-check" you older grades too? IMHO I think it would be better for you to tell hem the truth, just because this way you wouldn't be postponning your punishment.

Please, don't missunderstand me, I'm not being hipocritical or something else, just trying to give you a good advice.

Good luck!
I'm not planning to change my grade, I'm just gonna delay the process by displaying a "website will be down until so and so", my father will believe it because UofT did fuck up the server sometime ago. The day that they find out my actual grade, I'll only reach them on the phone since the Canadian Forces base is off limits to civilians. I'll get yelled at, but it's better than getting my ass literally handed to me.

Here is my ass: 3
Here is my hand: ===E
Here is my ass being haned to me: ===E3

fermio100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Westside said:
fermio100 said:
Ok, I don't know how to help you, but will give you an advise. They will find out in the future, 'cause there's a possibility they check you older grades. I.E, next period you get good grades, like the A you're willing to, then you let your parents check the real website. Isn't there a possibility for them to "back-check" you older grades too? IMHO I think it would be better for you to tell hem the truth, just because this way you wouldn't be postponning your punishment.

Please, don't missunderstand me, I'm not being hipocritical or something else, just trying to give you a good advice.

Good luck!
I'm not planning to change my grade, I'm just gonna delay the process by displaying a "website will be down until so and so", my father will believe it because UofT did fuck up the server sometime ago. The day that they find out my actual grade, I'll only reach them on the phone since the Canadian Forces base is off limits to civilians. I'll get yelled at, but it's better than getting my ass literally handed to me.

Here is my ass: 3
Here is my hand: ===E
Here is my ass being haned to me: ===E3
Hehehe, you've got a point there! I would hate to have my ass handed to me. "Ass" I said before, goog luck with you endeavour!

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bah, this has to be a joke. You're how old now? It's come time to man up and admit what you really are. You can't hide from it anymore and can't continue to lie to your parents and yourself and everyone on these forums. No more delusions. The first step is admitting it. You are a . . .
Canadian!

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm guy with some manner of military background, plans to get into the real military, military college even.

Yet can't confront parents about a bad report card?

Something wrong with this picture.

You could always just tell them you will be telling your kids your parents died in the war
smile.gif
if they don't get real in their idea of "support".

I mean, I expect my son to do as he is told, but I want him to obey me, not fear me.
I'm his dad, his buddy, not "the enemy".

The day my son starts doing what you are doing, I consider that getting a D in parenting that year.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Destructobot said:
If they aren't too computer savvy you might be able to use a hosts file to redirect them to the site you want them to see. I have no idea if this will prevent them from seeing the actual site address in the address bar (I've never actually used a hosts file), but it might work.

Exactly what I was thinking. :thumbsup:

Add something like this to your hosts file
Code:
127.0.0.1 ÂÂÂÂwebsiteiamfaking.com

QUOTE(ChotaZ @ May 10 2008, 06:01 AM) This is why I recommend Firebug.

Wouldn't that only work if he went on the page, then started editing it?

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
Firstly, I don't want to sound mean or even ignorant, but physical violence towards children will not improve their grades. It might be europocentrical of me to say that such methods are outrageous or at least - that's just how it's considered in enviroment I live in. Anyways, either use the "hosts" method or set up a fake DNS server and change your router's settings to
redirect all network traffic.

good luck!
happy.gif

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xJonny said:
Destructobot said:
If they aren't too computer savvy you might be able to use a hosts file to redirect them to the site you want them to see. I have no idea if this will prevent them from seeing the actual site address in the address bar (I've never actually used a hosts file), but it might work.

Exactly what I was thinking. :thumbsup:

Add something like this to your hosts file
Code:
127.0.0.1 ÂÂÂÂwebsiteiamfaking.com

QUOTE(ChotaZ @ May 10 2008, 06:01 AM) This is why I recommend Firebug.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/Chotas/asdasd.jpg

Wouldn't that only work if he went on the page, then started editing it?

Yeah, your correct.

Westside

Sogdiana
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uzbekistan
Guys, a few post and a few minutes with myself have made me realize that I probably should tell the truth right away instead of even delaying it... Sure I'll get my ass kicked hard, (I can fight back and injure him for sure, but NEVER EVER to a parent) I really thought about it. I'm gonna sum up some courage and tell him the truth in about 2 days then I shall post the results of what happened, if I don't, he killed me.
frown.gif

@ Panzer Tacticer, Thank you for post, this is the one that helped me realize alot. I got accepted as an commisioned officer, and during the baisc training and future selections I am expected of high amount of descipline and leadership. Running away and hiding should be the last thing on my mind... BOTC (Basic officer Training Course - Boot Camp) should also change me alot. However, starting with a stronger heart will always help me during boot camp.

I hope you realize that these parents are not that normal. I've actually overheard one of the conversations of my parents talking about how much I piss my father off and how beating the hell out of me calms him down. I have been deeply wounded (both mentally and physically) many times before. At the same time, somewhere in my dark soul, I love them. I just hope that one day they realize that their son is not so average, and he does not hate them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1