Help Me Fix My Wii!

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by plubkid, Nov 5, 2013.

1. plubkid
    OP

plubkid Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2013
    United States
    I have a 4.1U wii soft modded using this guide : http://www.youtube.com/XAJ5zp6brxo
    I first had a problem with loading wii motion plus games. I ended up trying to bring my wii back to 4.3 and it semi bricked my wii. I want to bring my wii back to 4.3 and re softmod it so that it can play disc based games again and still use a usb loader. I would also like to load my menufiy back on as well.All my experience comes from that video and what I learned in my last thread, here is a link to that: http://gbatemp.net/threads/help-with-wii-motion-plus.354502/page-3#post-4814720
    and finally here is my most recent system check:
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Again my knowledge is limited so give me links to tutorials or tell me step by step because I do not want to screw up again.
    Thank You

2. plubkid
    OP

plubkid Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2013
    United States
    sorry this is the first video:

3. ground

ground GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 22, 2007
    Netherlands
    first off all, what isn't working anymore ( semibricked?)

second: isnt your wii motion plus faulty? ( i cant remember that i needed to install anythin extrs for the use of it, or maybe you need an updated cios.

solution for nowm( highly recommended ): download modmii, start it and start the wizard. fill in everything it asks for true, exept for the part where he asks if your wi is a virgin, say yes to that. then follow the guide it makes. this should work

4. plubkid
    OP

plubkid Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2013
    United States
    the problem is that it wont play any disc games via the disc channel. Also I think that if I updated my wii back to 4.3U (I downgraded because it was reccomended in the video) that it will fix the wii motion plus problem. I'll try with mod mii but isn't there some sort of reset? I backed up my nand and keys files in case of bricking as it said in the video.

5. plubkid
    OP

plubkid Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2013
    United States
    Also, what will running mod mii accomplish anyway?

6. plubkid
    OP

plubkid Member

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2013
    United States
    ok. I won't do anything to my wii until i know what it does. That way I can learn what about modding and know that i'm not going to screw up my wii more.

7. LastCupOfSorrow

LastCupOfSorrow This is getting old and so are you.

Jul 10, 2013
    United States
    Just follow one of the guides here. What is so difficult, lol.

HERE is a good thread for you to start in and learn from others mistakes!

8. Maxternal

Maxternal Peanut Gallery Spokesman

Nov 15, 2011
    Deep in GBAtemp addiction
    ModMii is a computer program that will download everything you need and generate an extremely easy guide for you to follow to hack your Wii.

What they're suggesting you to do (tell ModMii that your Wii has never been hacked) will have it guide you through the most complete and safe set of hacks it can. It will leave your Wii with all the hacks as updated as it most safely can AND most of the normal system files as well. The idea is that it will overwrite anything you currently have that might be broken or faulty.

LastCupOfSorrow likes this.