Hacking Help me fix my friend's Wii

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
And it will enable you to play retail games without your system nagging for an update.
Also it can prevent online updates.

There is a safer way to do that, which is to update to the latest version.

Installing themes or wads shouldn't be done by anyone that doesn't know what they are doing, because of user error (which you already said priiloader doesn't prevent).
No the games still want to update because your 200+ slots aren't stubs if you have an cios installed. ( unless you have your cios double patched )
System menu has nothing to do with that update.

Also when nintendo updates ANY ios, you can't update without getting some kind of hassle. I'ts nice to have priiloader in those cases as it will circumvent those updates.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No the games still want to update because your 200+ slots aren't stubs if you have an cios installed. ( unless you have your cios double patched )
System menu has nothing to do with that update.

It only checks for CIOS in specific slots (like IOS249), the last guide I read suggested avoiding that slot. maxxing out the version number supposedly works too.

I've never had any hassle updating officially & there is less chance of bricking than if I'd installed priiloader.

snikerz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lesotho
I don't know why Priiloader is still recommended or included in any guide. Even if the current "stable" version is considered "safe", people will still update to even crappier "beta" versions of Priiloader. By including the current "stable" version of Priiloader in any guide, the writer is partly responsible it's popularity amongst people who modify their consoles, and therefore partly responsible for any bricks that happen due to DacoTaco's shitty coding skills.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: you guys need to stay away from @AncientBoi o.o