Hacking Help me choose please

Heinrisch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I was very active in the DS cart scene a while back, but not anymore. I currently own a EZ4 with a EZPass3, but I somehow managed to break it and I am looking for something new.
Basics that I want: Opera support, Full DSlinux support, good ds game support,and it should be "cheap". Cheap as in under $100 after shipping.
So which package should i choose? and I would appriciate if I got links for where to buy also (shipping to the US)

Thanks in advance!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could get a slot-1 device plus the EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack. This would get you Opera, GBA game support, rumble support, and 16 MB of RAM to use with DSLinux. The Ewin expansion pack has 32 MB of RAM, and I think DSLinux works with it, but I'm not 100% positive. The Ewin has slightly worse GBA compatibility and does not have Rumble (unless you get the Rumble version which doesn't have GBA compatibility or RAM).

Alternatively, you could get something else for slot-2 like a Supercard, which would still work with Opera and would give you 32 MB of RAM for DSLinux as well. This would be more expensive however.

A slot-2 device by itself will not let you run Opera, so I'd suggest getting a solid slot-1 and then adding something to slot-2 for Opera and DSLinux support.

jscheibe

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If choosing between the DSTT and R4 i'd go R4, i had the DSTT up until today and over the past 4 days it had managed to make 2x2gb kingston microsd cards unreadable but you may have better luck with the DSTT.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had any problems whatsoever with my DSTT. The R4 doesn't support SDHC, so the size of the flash card is limited. But there have been some posts about DSTT's with bad contacts, so if you go that route make sure you can exchange it if you get a bad one.

jscheibe, are you unable to reformat the flash cards? I've never heard of that happening, even with the DSTT's with bad contacts.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30