Help me choose please

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Heinrisch, Jan 29, 2008.

Jan 29, 2008

Help me choose please by Heinrisch at 8:09 PM (1,261 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Heinrisch
    OP

Member Heinrisch GBAtemp Regular

Sweden
    I was very active in the DS cart scene a while back, but not anymore. I currently own a EZ4 with a EZPass3, but I somehow managed to break it and I am looking for something new.
    Basics that I want: Opera support, Full DSlinux support, good ds game support,and it should be "cheap". Cheap as in under $100 after shipping.
    So which package should i choose? and I would appriciate if I got links for where to buy also (shipping to the US)

Thanks in advance!

2. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You could get a slot-1 device plus the EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack. This would get you Opera, GBA game support, rumble support, and 16 MB of RAM to use with DSLinux. The Ewin expansion pack has 32 MB of RAM, and I think DSLinux works with it, but I'm not 100% positive. The Ewin has slightly worse GBA compatibility and does not have Rumble (unless you get the Rumble version which doesn't have GBA compatibility or RAM).

Alternatively, you could get something else for slot-2 like a Supercard, which would still work with Opera and would give you 32 MB of RAM for DSLinux as well. This would be more expensive however.

A slot-2 device by itself will not let you run Opera, so I'd suggest getting a solid slot-1 and then adding something to slot-2 for Opera and DSLinux support.

3. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    R4 or DSTT and Ez-Flash 3-in-1.

4. jscheibe

Newcomer jscheibe Member

Canada
    If choosing between the DSTT and R4 i'd go R4, i had the DSTT up until today and over the past 4 days it had managed to make 2x2gb kingston microsd cards unreadable but you may have better luck with the DSTT.

5. DarkAura

Member DarkAura Offline

Canada
    Or you can spend a bit more money on a Cyclo.

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I haven't had any problems whatsoever with my DSTT. The R4 doesn't support SDHC, so the size of the flash card is limited. But there have been some posts about DSTT's with bad contacts, so if you go that route make sure you can exchange it if you get a bad one.

jscheibe, are you unable to reformat the flash cards? I've never heard of that happening, even with the DSTT's with bad contacts.

-Bri