Hacking Help me bring my wii back to virgin status

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Don't have to rename it, just put the dol on the root, install it, then load installed file. Then get the HBC installed again, follow xzxero's update to 4.2 section to fix your Wii up to something sane again, and then follow the rest of his guide, and don't let your friend touch your Wii again."

So basically you just did everything I said not to do and fucked it up even more. Nice.

Can you still not run the hackmii installer from bannerbomb? (remember to use V2 of bannerbomb and click the SD card menu icon on the system menu to load it instead since you're on 4.2 now.) If you can't run wad manager or dop-IOS or the hackmii installer or anything through bannerbomb, I would just give it to your friend and tell him to fix what he fucked up or pay for it. And if he does happen to get a new one for you, tell him to stay the fuck away from it.

impulsze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
"Don't have to rename it, just put the dol on the root, install it, then load installed file. Then get the HBC installed again, follow xzxero's update to 4.2 section to fix your Wii up to something sane again, and then follow the rest of his guide, and don't let your friend touch your Wii again."

So basically you just did everything I said not to do and fucked it up even more. Nice.

Can you still not run the hackmii installer from bannerbomb? (remember to use V2 of bannerbomb and click the SD card menu icon on the system menu to load it instead since you're on 4.2 now.) If you can't run wad manager or dop-IOS or the hackmii installer or anything through bannerbomb, I would just give it to your friend and tell him to fix what he fucked up or pay for it. And if he does happen to get a new one for you, tell him to stay the fuck away from it.

Unfortunately it was done before I saw your post... So FUBAR before.. =( So is there nothing left for me to do? Since its now 4.2U, I no longer have Bootmii, Preloader, or HBC. I get black screen when trying to bannerbomb. I do the 4.2 method and it didnt work. So I tried the 4.1 method and still couldnt bannerbomb.

impulsze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
impulsze said:
nabster92 said:

Unfortunately it was done before I saw your post... So FUBAR before.. =( So is there nothing left for me to do? Since its now 4.2U, I no longer have Bootmii, Preloader, or HBC. I get black screen when trying to bannerbomb. I do the 4.2 method and it didnt work. So I tried the 4.1 method and still couldnt bannerbomb.

I popped in an original NTSC Wii Fit, and it asked me to update. The update completed and now I see the game in the disc channel. When I try to play it, the screen hangs on black screen. What should my next step be so I dont mess up again.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
impulsze said:
impulsze said:
nabster92 said:

I popped in an original NTSC Wii Fit, and it asked me to update. The update completed and now I see the game in the disc channel. When I try to play it, the screen hangs on black screen. What should my next step be so I dont mess up again.

Does bannerbomb v2 for 4.2 still not work to load the hackmii installer or anything else? Do you have Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Does Smash Stack work to load the hackmii installer or wad manager or dop-IOS? Can you get any exploit to run anything other than a black screen?

impulsze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
impulsze said:
impulsze said:
nabster92 said:

Does bannerbomb v2 for 4.2 still not work to load the hackmii installer or anything else? Do you have Super Smash Bros. Brawl? Does Smash Stack work to load the hackmii installer or wad manager or dop-IOS? Can you get any exploit to run anything other than a black screen?
Nope, Bannerbimb and SSBB dont work. Black screen when either tried to load... =(

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
impulsze said:
nabster92 said:
impulsze said:
impulsze said:
nabster92 said:

Nope, Bannerbimb and SSBB dont work. Black screen when either tried to load... =(

And you're sure you're using the right version of bannerbomb for 4.2 properly and you tried it with different boot.dol's/elf's on the root for different apps mentioned above?

wrightjd0819

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much! I have owned my wii for a whole week, and i have already bricked the sob! But thanks to you all, I have successfully fixed it. once again, thank you thank you thank you. as a matter of fact, you may never see me here again, but i could not let this whole thing go without giving proper and formal props to those who so much deserve it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: already did