Hacking Help...M3 wont play gba

dominos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. Newbie here and I just got an M3 pro mini SD w/pass 3. I'm using newest game manager to load all games. All the DS games work fine but I cannot load/play any GBA games (or .gb or .gbc games for that matter) Every time I go to load a gba game the screen goes white. Sometimes it starts loading but never finishes. I've tried with three different DS's, two different SD cards, still no luck. GBA games go in the root dir right? Any other files need to be present? Once it told me I needed goomba (which I added to the root) but it didn't help. I always get the save dat error on reboot as well. TIA for any help!
wacko.gif

dark_sol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just in case you didn't know, the M3 has 2 modes, NDS mode and GBA mode. To get to GBA mode you gotta press start when in the NDS mode menu. The M3 should then reboot to GBA mode. Alternatively you could access the GBA mode by starting the M3 through the NDS menu where Pictochat is.

You may already know that but just make sure.

dominos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just in case you didn't know, the M3 has 2 modes, NDS mode and GBA mode. To get to GBA mode you gotta press start when in the NDS mode menu. The M3 should then reboot to GBA mode. Alternatively you could access the GBA mode by starting the M3 through the NDS menu where Pictochat is.

You may already know that but just make sure.
Thanks...Yea, I eventually figured that out, too. I kept thinking I would get it going but still can't get the gba roms to load.

dominos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The M3 pro can only run GBA games that are 4 megabytes (32 megabits) or smaller.
If this is true, that would be news to me. Link?
However, I have been trying to run all sizes and still nothing. I have been able to get a few .gb roms working, though. So I should have chosen the M3 lite then? Except 2 of my DS's are not lite. WHat is the best for gba support using the old DS models? I am going to return this pro I guess. Thanks again for all the advice.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From the review of the M3 Lite Professional:
M3 Lite Professional Review said:
The usual complaint about M3 is that its cost among most Slot-2 flash cards is higher than its competition. This is because of it being one of the better all-around packages. So, G6/M3 Team decided to find a way to cut costs. They heavily reduced on-board memory, virtually removing Game Boy Advance functionality.

You may be able to get a shell for the M3 lite that fits an original DS, and I think the M3 miniSD fits big DS as is. I don't actually have one, so you may not want to take my word for it. The M3 SD will probably stick out of the big DS.

The G6 lite comes with a shell for the original DS.

seyfer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes, from what i have been reading u have 2 versions for M3 if u want to play GBA games, Pro and Perfect

Pro: isn't compatible with games with size superior to 32 Mb (=4 Mb)

Perfect: well in perfect size isn't a problem

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Carotenemia causes skin to appear orange-ish in color. Orange Pi. Carotenemia Pussy. Get it. lolol +1