[help] Luma won't start after trying to update.

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Aether Lion, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Aether Lion
    OP

Aether Lion GBATemp's Pet Lion

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Penisylvania
    N3DS Luma3DS Emunand that was on version 11.0.33 or something very similar. Attempted to update last night, the update failed, told me to hold the power button and try again, and now it constantly stays on both screens "black" (off) when trying to boot into Luma. Things like HBLauncher and stuff work fine though. What do I do? Anyway to recover my Emunand's data? I have all my backups installed onto it and would like to not have to spend 2 weeks redoing it all.
    Thanks!

Last edited by Aether Lion, Nov 24, 2016
  2. Aether Lion
    OP

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Penisylvania
    I put this in the wrong section by mistake if an admin would like to move it. Thanks.

3. swabbo

swabbo Wot u doin readin dis m8?

Mar 9, 2011
    East Yorkshire/ A Bin
    A9LH? I'm going to assume no

4. erman1337

erman1337 GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 27, 2015
    Belgium
    Brussels
    Reinstall luma from ur pc

5. ichidansan

ichidansan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2010
    United States
    had a similar issue when I first installed luma. check my posts out, see if anything is similar and maybe what I did can help.

hope this helps

6. Aether Lion
    OP

May 1, 2016
    United States
    Penisylvania
  7. ichidansan

ichidansan GBAtemp Regular

Feb 10, 2010
    United States
    ok, so my suggestion is, if you can get into homebrew, then make a backup of your emunand. and then just re-mod your system. then restore the nand. if after remodding the nand doesnt work for some reason you'll know that was the issue and most things probably wont be recoverable. I also suggest that if any save managers are in .3dsx format, use that to extract your saves if you do have homebrew access.

Aether Lion likes this.