1. JoeBrownz

OP JoeBrownz Newbie
    Newcomer

Mexico
    Hello guys,

I installed CFW about 1 year ago and I haven't modify anything since then, so now I am trying to play some online games and want to setup the emummc but I have some questions regarding this.

What step should I take to begin? I have a backup for the clean sysnand (I think is called rawnand.bin from 1 to 14)

Do I have to restore to start with this process? - Do I have to save something from my current SD card? - I am not that involved in this to know every concept of the theme, should I stay away from this process?

I have searched but I can't find answers for my questions, I am using atmosphere cfw. I am willing to pay a friendly fee if someone can help me get this done. Basically I just want to have CFW and OFW running in my switch.

Thank you for your support.

2. skullkeeper94

skullkeeper94 Professional USB Corrupter

United States
    First and foremost, update Atmosphere and Hekate.

Assuming you haven't connected to Nintendo's servers AT ALL, and haven't burned fuses, you should restore your clean sysMMC. After it's safely restored, turn your Switch on to ensure it functions, update to the latest firmware, set up 90DNS beforehand, and then create a backup of this firmware + boot0 + boot1.

Using Hekate create an emuMMC in the tools (make sure your microSD card is big enough! 32GB+). When it finishes you'll have your sysMMC, which you can remove 90DNS from, and your emuMMC with 90DNS. For an extra layer there's Incognito_RCM which you can install onto your emuMMC, saving you time.

JoeBrownz likes this.
  3. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You need at least 32 GB of free space on your SD card first and foremost but you do not need to restore your clean backup first unless your goal is to make a clean emuMMC. This is a huge misconception. I would also take this time to ensure your SD card is formatted as FAT32. Then you launch Hekate to create the emuMMC. After creating the emuMMC and you wish to go online, this is the time where you restore your clean backup.

JoeBrownz likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - installing, emummc,