Hacking [Help] Installed wrong OTP. Am I screwed?

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have it!! Thanks :yay:

I used your AutoForm program to downgrade a different 3DS that was on 11.0. So I trust your advice, but it is a little confusing >.<

Could you say it in Spanish? Maybe I will understand a little better.

Also, the OTP I have is from another DS
since you have the FIRM0.bin you can simply put your NAND backup (made with the hardmod) into autofirm along with a 10.4 FIRM and everything should be fine, then just reflash that, downgrade to 9.2 and you should be good to go :)

Pokéidiot

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Edit: I do not have a NAND backup from before I used the wrong OTP. I also do not have the right OTP file for this system. I installed the hard mod and I'm ready to try anything.

Original:

Hey, I accidentally used the wrong OTP file when using SafeA9LHInstallerv1.5.2. I do not have a NAND backup for this sytem and can't boot into recovery. It just has a black screen on startup. How screwed am I?

I have another 3DS with A9LH installed. I also have a RaspberryPi, as I remember that being useful for unbricking certain bricks (Gateway, I believe). What are my options?
Yes, you are screwed. If you have a pre-a9lh-setup NAND backup, flash it back with a hardmod.
If you don't have... 3d brick

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering - I thought a feature of SafeA9LHInstaller was that it checked to make sure you had the right OTP.bin on your SD card. How come it didn't work in this case?

well unless you're on fw 2.1 it won't be able to check your OTP anyway right? so I'm guessing all it can do is ask you before you let it do it's thing

D

Deleted User

Just wondering - I thought a feature of SafeA9LHInstaller was that it checked to make sure you had the right OTP.bin on your SD card. How come it didn't work in this case?

I don't believe it's possible on O3DS.

Actually quoted from the thread:
- If you have a New 3DS and you're doing a first install, it validates your OTP. Sadly I have no way of validating the OTP on an Old3DS.

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we'll be installing a9lh from 2.1 soon (as in, right now in the guide) so that it'll be able to check and this sort of thing won't happen... honestly, dumping the OTP to a file is basically only so that you have a backup anymore, since we can just read it out on 2.1 (when installing) and then once installed we can recover the hash (which is the only needed part, really) right directly from a9lh

Reactions: astronautlevel

Dylan the Tactician

Trophies
Website
plus.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Holy shit
I read this entire thread
if this works
there is literally nothing Nintendo could do to stop us anymore, short of suing their customers

this is beautiful
also, before you go on the "no-nand backup your screwed" boat, READ THE DAMN THREAD

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Holy shit
I read this entire thread
if this works
there is literally nothing Nintendo could do to stop us anymore, short of suing their customers

this is beautiful
also, before you go on the "no-nand backup your screwed" boat, READ THE DAMN THREAD
It very specific conditions though, its not just "whatever happens you can unbrick"

The op is more fortunate than most who dont have nand backups in the sense that he didnt install a bunch of crap system titles to his system, which is the most common cause for bricks.

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: astronautlevel

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think we'll be installing a9lh from 2.1 soon (as in, right now in the guide) so that it'll be able to check and this sort of thing won't happen... honestly, dumping the OTP to a file is basically only so that you have a backup anymore, since we can just read it out on 2.1 (when installing) and then once installed we can recover the hash (which is the only needed part, really) right directly from a9lh
Is there a publicly-known way to install A9LH directly from 2.1? I can't imagine how that would work: How would one get back to latest firm if CFW can't boot 2.1?

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Is there a publicly-known way to install A9LH directly from 2.1? I can't imagine how that would work: How would one get back to latest firm if CFW can't boot 2.1?
Use 2xrsa as an entrypoint into safea9lhinstaller, read out OTP the same way as you read it via OTPHelper and feed that directly into safea9lhinstaller.

Aurora merged the commits this morning (EST)

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Yes, SafeA9LHInstaller can now run on 2.1, and Plailect updated the guide yesterday to reflect this. As for getting back to higher firmwares, you just restore the updated EmuNAND backup.

EDIT: Ninja'd so hard while I went looking for the PR. :ph34r:

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, SafeA9LHInstaller can now run on 2.1, and Plailect updated the guide yesterday to reflect this. As for getting back to higher firmwares, you just restore the updated EmuNAND backup.
Ahhhh, updating the FW was the part that confused me. Very cool that we can save a few more minutes performing an entire nand dump/restore. Thanks for the replies, everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...